Monday, October 25, 2010

My first baby shower!!

My mom and a bunch of friends threw a baby shower for me, held at my parents' house. There was so much delicious food: shrimp pasta, jambalaya, crawfish casserole, chicken & sausage gumbo (made by Dad), mini crawfish pies, a roast beef/turkey/ham sandwich tray, French bread, chips, deviled eggs, cake, and almond punch and lemon water.

We went with a 2 Peas in a Pod theme. Everything was so cute:

The chest that my mom decorated--it was FILLED with clothes:
The Christmas tree Mom decorated with baby stuff and the banner Mom ordered:

The centerpiece, sign-in book, and basket of favors:

The favors were felt pods with individually wrapped mints as the peas--cute, huh?!:

The cake--it looked so freaking awesome, and tasted just as delicious, with almond flavoring, my favorite!
The 2 Peas in a Pod plates, napkins and cups:
The pink booties corsage I wore:
Mom and me, aaaaw:
Some of the gifts:

The next day, I laid all the clothes that were in the decorated chest and took a picture; this was all from my mom--she also gave me two little dresses, some bottles and liners, and two LSU outfits and some LSU onesies (can't wait to put those on the babies!!!):

It was a really nice shower and I'm so thankful for all of the love and support that was shown to me. I'm feeling extremely blessed right now. The shower and all of the ADORABLE clothes I received (34 outfits x 2!) made me even more anxious for the babies to be born--but I still hope they make it as close to their due date as possible. Please keep them in your prayers!

1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

amiee said...

omg. i love it! everything is so cute! and what a FANCY cake! woot woot! i can't believe someone sewed all those felt peas! well, you are worth it, so hooray for that! hahaha. i wish i could have been there!