Monday, January 04, 2010

Second 1/2 of December part 2

Day 6 (12/26):
We went in the morning to the park and had family pictures taken. I posted some of the best ones on Snapfish, if you're interested: http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=53221262487455087/l=5665624013/g=99876444/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

Here are just a few of my faves:
We all went and ate at IHOP afterwards. Later that afternoon, I took Wyatt outside to play and got some really cute shots of him:
That night, Brenna and Wyatt played the most adorable game of Connect 4--like they knew what they were doing!:



Carma cuddled up with Jared on the couch for a while:


Belle kept turning on the dancing Santa and we were getting sick of hearing it, so Dad went to turn it off and this is what he saw, so he didn't have the heart to turn it off just yet:



Day 7 (12/27):
Jared and I and Kiki and her family went to Albany ward at 11:00 (Mom & Dad went to Hammond ward at 9:00), then we went home and started watching the Saints game while waiting for aunts, uncles, and cousins to arrive for a get-together. We had lots of snacks, watched the Saints game and played Wii fit and Wii bowling (Belle played with Dad, Mike and Jeff and only Dad beat her, ha ha).

{Dad and two of his brothers, Jeff and Mike}:
{All of the cousins who were there (3 of the 6 families were in attendance)}:

Day 8 (12/28):
I went to breakfast with my friend, Beth, and Kiki and Nikki and we went to see Beth's remodeled house. Nikki flew back to Utah that afternoon; Kiki and I played on the trampoline with the kids again.

The kids watched the first Alvin & the Chipmunks movie that afternoon--the little ones loved dancing to the music:



That night, Becky and I took all the kids except for Wyatt to see Alvin & the Chipmunks the Squeakquel. The 5:00 show was sold out! so we bought tickets and went back at 7:30. The kids LOVED it! Brenna was dancing to all the music, Belle was giggling, Carma was bouncing in her chair from excitement, and Judson was laughing throughout. They were all telling us their favorite parts in the van on the way home (like when Theodore was stuck under the blanket when the guy farted and he was trying to get out and was yelling, "It burns, it burns!" They loved that!).

Day 9 (12/29):
I went with Mom, Dad, and Kiki and her family to Jackson, MS to visit Aunt Patty, Raymond and Maw-maw; they weren't able to come to the family party because Maw-maw had been sick. We ate at Santa Fe steakhouse on the way there. We had a great visit at Patty's. When we got home that night, I went with Tim, Chad, Kiki & Michael to get shrimp po-boys. Yum!

Day 10 (12/30):
I had been sick since Christmas day with a sore throat, stuffy sinuses, and cough. By this day, I had fever and was really feeling miserable but it was Kiki's last day so I tried my best to act like I wasn't sick. I went with her and our friend, Sonya, out to lunch then we drove to my house later that afternoon and just hung out that evening. I had a REALLY hard time saying goodbye to Kiki and her kids! I miss them so much and already can't wait to see them again!

1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

chani and billy said...

Dana!!! Hey! I know I'm a little behind, but I just found a link to your blog. Those are great pictures of your family. It's cool you guys got together like that.