7/12--We left my MIL's house and drove to Kiki's house. Jared stayed a couple of hours then drove to the airport to fly home. I just hung out with Kiki and the kids all day (and played Lego Indian Jones with Judson) then Nikki and Levi came over and ate dinner with us. Judson loves playing with Wyatt and Wyatt ADORES his big brother!:
7/13--I just hung out at home all day with the Kiki and the kids. Carma told me the Bolt story and said I was "the best girl in the world". She cracks me up!
7/14--Another day of hanging out. Kiki and the kids and I had ice cream cones and Wyatt enjoyed playing in a basket:


7/15--I went with Kiki to Carma's dance class. It was so funny to watch 3- & 4- yr.-olds tap dance and do ballet! Carma was SOOOO cute in her tutu!!! She was also in her own little world most of the time, ha ha!
When we got home, I did a quick photo session with Carma outside in her tutu:
7/16--Wyatt enjoyed a Push Up popsicle that morning:
One of Kiki's mission companions, Angela and her three kids and her teenage niece and her friend (the niece and friend live in England) had come to stay at Kiki's for a few days. They arrived late Monday night (7/13) and left Friday morning (7/17). On Thursday, two of my and Kiki's friends and their 4 kids plus a couple of friends of Angela's and their 4 kids came over to hang out. At one point, there were 6 women, 12 kids age 6 and younger (Judson was at a friend's house) and 2 teenage girls. It was kind of hectic but mostly fun. Kiki and I stayed up late every night talking with Angela after all the kids went to bed. It was so fun to hang out with her but it was nice to have peace and quiet in the house after they were all gone, too. There were a couple of times when I thought I was gonna lose my mind but it was mostly fun. That night, Carma danced for us--she loves the song "Boom Boom Pow" by the Black Eyed Peas, ha ha:
7/17--I had lunch at Winger's with Nikki and Levi. Wyatt started crawling on his hands and knees (instead of just doing the army crawl on his belly). He also had fun skinny dipping (or "chunky dunking" as Michael would say) in the baby pool that evening. Kiki and I made a black, white, and pink tutu for Carma. It came out so cute!!!
7/18--Kiki and I went and ate at Tucano's for lunch then did some grocery shopping--Kiki has turned into a major savvy shopper with a huge coupon binder and everything! Wyatt got to take a dip in the baby pool in the backyard and loved it:
7/19--Went to church but I came home in the third hour to stay home with Wyatt, whom Kiki brought home to nap. He was just way too tired and miserable to stay at church. Carma ate dinner naked at the table; don't ask me why she did that but it was hilarious. Nikki and Levi came over later and we played Settlers.
7/20--Kiki and Michael left in the afternoon to go to Park City for the night for their anniversary and I stayed with the kids. They were so good for me. Judson went and played for a little while at a friend's house after his karate class and Carma had a friend over--it was cute to watch them play together. That evening, Wyatt found a piece of gum somewhere and was actually chewing it; you can really see him chewing towards the end of this video:
It was so cute and funny! Carma told me for probably the 1ooth time, "Nonnie, you're my friend!"
He went down really easily for all of his naps but it wasn't so easy that night. I was up with him 'til 1am. Anytime I would rock him in his room he would cry but he was fine as soon as I took him downstairs. We figured out the next night that it was probably because it gets too hot in his room. Thankfully, however, he slept until 8 the next morning so I got plenty of sleep!
7/21--I made the kids clean up a little--Judson put dishes in the dishwasher away and Carma put away shoes that were in the front room. As she was doing so she exclaimed, "I can't handle this, Nonnie!" Ha ha ha! She's so funny!!! She also informed me later that day that sharks like cheese with their people. Wyatt sucked on another Push Up and I got this cute video:
I also did a photo session with Carma in the tutu Kiki and I made. How cute is she?!




That evening, Kiki glittered our toenails--mine in purple, of course, hers in turquoise and Carma's in pink. Nikki did hers that night in purple, as well.
Judson actually let me take a picture of him. He's such a handsome boy!
I did laundry that night and forgot that I had put my cell phone in my pants pocket before I took them off to throw them in the wash. I remembered after the washing machine started filling with water. I ran to the laundry room when it occured to me what I had done and frantically fished my cell phone out of the pants pocket. It got a little bit of water on it but it was OK--I got it out just in time!
7/22--Nikki brought me to the airport that morning. I had started getting sick the previous couple of days and was coughing quite a bit by that morning. It was really embarrassing on the plane! But I finally stopped coughing after taking some extra medicine and sucking on quite a few cough drops. Jared and I were supposed to do something that night and the next day to celebrate our anniversary but I just did't feel well. It was probably the worst anniversary yet and it was our 10th! Sad--but we'll celebrate with dinner out another night and we'll eventually go shopping for a new mattress! Oh and Jared gave me a LSU baseball cap and a LSU Pez dispenser. I made a card for him. We weren't supposed to do gifts since we are getting a mattress but Jared is a stinker like that. :) I would also like to get professional pictures done of us in the next couple of weeks. We'll see. Anyway, Happy Anniversary to me and Jared! 10 years, can you believe it?!!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Utah Trip part 2
Posted by Dana Marie at 6:14 PM
Labels: Nieces/Nephews, Trips/Vacations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
i loved all your pics and videos!!! esp the one of carma dancing! and was that the UNedited version?? LOL. too funny. we bought the 2 disc set of it but there were only like 3 songs I liked out of like 30--so i sold it on ebay. glad you had a good time in UT. it was so fun to hang out--even if we had to practically YELL to talk over the noise level! hee hee
Post a Comment