Tuesday, October 27, 2009

3 month catch-up

Well, it's been three months since my last post. Jared keeps asking me if I'm gonna do anything on my blog so I decided I'd come and actually post. Here's what I've been up to the past few months (besides all the regular stuff, like piano lessons, Young Women's every Wed. night, etc.):

Last week of July:

  • My friend, Seth, was in town from Houston, so we had dinner with his whole family at his parents' house
  • I got a nerve in my neck "burned" and was "down" for about three days--It didn't work at all, I haven't gotten any more shots or procedures in my back or neck since; I decided to give up on the shots for the time being since they're not working (and they're expensive and I get SUPER worked up and nervous before each one)
  • was driving in Baton Rouge and saw a squirrel fall from a tree, scamper furiously around, and very narrowly escape the tires of a passing car. I have no idea how that thing missed being squashed!!
  • watched a friend from drum corps way back when I was a teen throw knives on the Conan Show
August:
  • Went with the youth to the temple to do baptisms
  • Enjoyed the finale of So You Think You Can Dance--my fave, Jeanine, won!
  • Went shopping and out to eat at Olive Garden with a few of the young women and two other leaders
  • Had Sunday dinner at my parents'
  • Went to the Bishop's Storehouse with the youth
  • Started getting bi-weekly massages from a volleyball friend, yay!!!
  • Drove to Georgia for our nephew's first birthday--Jared's sister & BIL who live in FL also went, as well as his mom; we had so much fun hanging out, having a birthday party, going to Stone Mountain, and just enjoying our nephew
  • Seth was back in town for business so I had a bunch of our friends plus my brothers over to play Guitar Hero--we had a blast!
September:
  • Had a great day babysitting Brenna and got the cutest video ever (see below)
  • Finished the last Harry Potter book--I LOVED the whole series!!!
  • LSU FOOTBALL SEASON STARTED!!!! Spent most Saturdays watching football all day
  • Watched all the Harry Potter movies (1-6) with Jared
  • Made a new friend--I visited with an elderly lady from our church who isn't able to attend church for health reasons--she was fun to talk to and I'm visiting her again tomorrow
  • Had a girls' night out with friends from church; one of them had just been diagnosed with breast cancer--she is going through chemo right now :(
  • Did not enjoy the temps of over 90* and 60% humidity at the end of Sept.!
  • Started playing volleyball again every Friday--my back hurts afterwards but it's too fun not to do!
October so far:
  • The month started out really hot and humid, finally got a little cooler for a week, got hot again for a week, cooled down again the past few days. Crazy weather down here!
  • LSU lost to Florida only by 1o points; they are now 6-1 and #9 in the country
  • Enjoyed General Conference--went to my parents' between Sunday's sessions; the power went out (rainstorm) halfway through the second session
  • Spent a few days being really sick and missed YW, all my piano lessons, a fun Elder's Quorum couple's activity and a wedding shower
  • Made some Halloween decorations
  • Completed a huge food storage order (still waiting for it to arrive)
  • Bought tickets to see Daughtry with Jared in December--I can't wait! :)
  • Babysat both nieces here one day--we played outside, watched "Ice Age: The Meltdown", ate Halloween candy...
  • Has been watching the Saints game the past few weeks--they are undefeated so far!
Here are some of my fave video and pics from the past few months:
{Brenna jibber-jabbering--so freaking adorable!!!}:

{A frog that was hanging out on our raised pond 7/30}:

{Me & Jared on top of Stone Mountain in GA 8/22}:
{Riding the paddle boats at Stone Mountain}:
{Brenna and I went for a walk around the pond 9/1}:
{The girls played in the puddles after General Conference 10/4}:
{Belle put her Halloween costume on so I could take some pictures 10/10}:
{The girls eating ravioli and green beans for lunch at my house 10/22}:
{They played in the rain when Becky came to pick them up}:
{I made one of these for each of my Mia Maids--the "bat droppings" are Tootsie Rolls cut up into pieces}:
{A decorative witch hat I made for my house}:
{I made a few of these for each of the ladies I visit teach--they are painted tuna cans, filled with candy corn}:
Well, that's it in a very small nutshell. I'll try to do better at keeping this blog updated, although I doubt anyone really cares. If for no other reason, it's just a good way for me to go back and remember everything I did. I might even have one of those blog books made--they take your blog and make a book out of it! I just need to remember what company does it. I think someone should do that for Facebook statuses, too. Anyway, I hope everyone has a very happy Halloween! Jared will be on call this weekend so he'll either be at work or he'll stay home; I'm going to a friend's annual party--they always have lots of food and they do hayrides around the (rural) neighborhood to let the kids trick-or-treat. It's really fun. My brother, SIL, and nieces will be there so I'll get some good pics of the girls in their costumes. Happy Halloween!!!

1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

Stephanie said...

I would care....I enjoy reading your blogs :)