Warning: long, picture-filled post (pictures are SOC--I'm too lazy to edit my pics)
A week after camp, I watched Belle & Brenna one day and we had a lot of fun watching "The Incredibles", playing my marimba, trumpet, and piano, waving pom-poms and playing with Praia:


{Belle was playing outside with Praia and watching the koi fish; Brenna wanted to go outside but it was WAY too hot!}:
The next day (6/20), we had a ward talent show. I was in a skit with the young women (the same skit we did for camp), I played the piano for one of my young woman's vocal solo, and I played my marimba. It all went really well and the ward activity was really fun! We, the Young Women, did the decorating and it looked so good, if I do say so myself! :)
The next day (6/21), we went to my parents' house after church for Father's Day. My dad smoked some chicken and Mom made baked beans and potato salad, yum! I made brownies. We watched Glen Beck's conversion story, which is really cool. He's a great speaker! We gave my dad a Valkyrie (sp?) DVD--he loves that movie.
{Brenna really enjoyed the food!}:
{And Belle was posing for pictures}:
And the next day (6/22--we had a lot of stuff all in a row, huh?), my family came over to our house to watch LSU play the first game in the College World Series Championship and to celebrate my birthday (early, since I'll be in Utah on my birthday). We made ham poboys and had chips and cake. I got some great presents: LSU flip-flops and an LSU baseball-style t-shirt from Ben & Becky; money from my parents; Wii Mario Kart game from Jared.
{Brenna wore the pink LSU outfit we gave her for her birthday}:
{My new MarioKart game}:
LSU beat Texas that night but lost the next night. Then, they beat them again Wed. night to win the national championship. GEAUX TIGERS!!!That Thursday (6/25), I took one of the young women to the LSU Baseball National Champions Celebration. It was hot as heck but pretty fun to celebrate with all the other Tiger fans. Some of the players spoke--one from each class: Mikie Mahtook for the freshmen, Anthony Ranaudo for the sophomores, Jared Mitchell for the Juniors, and Louis Coleman for Seniors. And the AD and Coach Mainieri both spoke, as well.
{Me & Alyssa}:
{Louis Coleman}:
{Coach Mainieri}:
{The new (6th) National Championship banner was raised. Woohoo!}:
{And of course, I HAD to buy a t-shirt!}:
That sums up the end of June. The past week, I've mainly been getting stuff ready for our trip to Utah (and having a couple over last night for dinner and Guitar Hero). We leave tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait! I probably won't post anything until I get to my sister's house on the 12th. We'll spend the 1st week with Jared's family, except for Sunday--we're going to Kiki's house for my birthday. On the 4th, we'll be at a family reunion (Jared's dad's side of the family). The end of next week, we'll be camping with Jared's siblings and all their kids. I can't wait!
I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July!!!
I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July!!!



1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
hey your hair is so cute in these pics! i can't get over how gorgeous becky's kids are! OMG they are adorable! and little brenna! I could squeeze her cheeks to death!
You are too cute with how much you love LSU. I wish I had that much school spirit, but NOPEY. BYU was NOT that cool!!! :) It's all about high school for me. I should start wearing my LHS gear! LOL. wait, there is no way it would still fit me!!!
Post a Comment