Tuesday, March 03, 2009

American Idol Top 36 week 3

For the record, once again, I did not vote tonight. But here are my opinions about each of tonight's singers:

  1. Von Smith--I didn't care too much for the song but he did show great range in it; I thought it was a good performance but I don't really like his style, if that makes sense
  2. Taylor Vaifanua--Really nice voice but kind of boring--I really wanted to like her, too, since she's from Utah. :)
  3. Alex Wagner-Trugman--Cute nerd, ha ha. I couldn't stand all the extra stuff he was trying to do with his voice (all the growling, etc.) and I found his movements to be strange. I loved what Simon said about him being a hamster trying to be a tiger.
  4. Arianna Afsar--Such a doll! I liked the emotion she showed but she should have picked a younger song. She has a nice voice but there were way too many off-key notes!
  5. Ju'not Joyner--I like how he changed up the song and I liked his upper register--lots of flat notes, though.
  6. Kristen McNamara--Great voice and range but her voice didn't match the song--it came off a tiny bit like a lounge singer.
  7. Nataniel Marshall--This guy bugs the crap out of me and I thought his performance was uber CHEEZY!!! What was up with the disco arrangment?? I don't even like his voice that much.
  8. Felicia Barton--Has a good voice but I felt like she kind of yelled most of it and didn't change the song enough so it was a bit like watching karaoke.
  9. Scott MacIntyre--I loved the emotions he showed and his vocals were OK. I like watching him because he puts a smile on my face--he just has a bright spirit. But, for me, (even though I want to LOVE his vocals), his voice just isn't strong enough--it leaves me wanting just a bit more, KWIM?
  10. Kendall Beard--I like her bubbliness and I can see her as a country artist, between the looks and the voice; she needs to move around the stage more and there were a few off notes.
  11. Jorge Nunez--I have to admit that I didn't think I'd like this guy at all but I did. He stayed on pitch, has a nice voice and good stage presence. I thought it was sweet that he teared up during his post-performance interview.
  12. Lil Rounds--Wow, great voice and amazing stage presence--she looked like a star already! I love her spunkiness, too.
I think Lil and Jorge should definitely move on. I'm torn on the third spot between Ju'not, Kristen, Scott, and Kendall. I may be leaning more toward Kristen on voice alone and Scott because of his "likeability". :) I'm not sure what they're doing tomorrow night--are the wild cards performing or are they doing an elimination? Either way, I can't wait to see!

1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

amiee said...

I am having a PANIC ATTACK!!!!! My DVR did NOT record A.I.!!! AND the videos keep getting pulled on you tube so I can't watch them!!!! You have no idea how pissed I am. I did find audio for the singers--but not the same as being able to see it. So I came to your blog to see what you thought about them. THX!