Motown Week, with Smokey Robinson. Some of the people I thought would really shine with Motown week (Anoop, Michael, Lil) just didn't really do it for me.
1. Matt [Let's Get it On by Marvin Gaye]--WOOOO! Great choice for him! I really like how he started behind the piano, then got up. It was a great performance. I love his falsetto and riffs! Like Paula said, it had a "sexy, cool vibe".
2. Kris [How Sweet It Is by Marvin Gaye]--LOVED how he started it and I adore him with the guitar. I really liked his rendition and his vocals and runs were good. It had great energy and personality.
3. Scott [You Can't Hurry Love by Diana Ross]--I liked the piano part; not the best vocals, though, and the performance didn't hold the energy it should have. I don't think it was the best song choice for him but I do like that he did a more up-tempo song. I thought it was cute what he said about the pink pants: "They didn't tell me 'til 10 minutes before". Funny.
4. Megan [For Once in My Life by Stevie Wonder]--Can you say Carnival Cruise?!! I thought it sounded OK in the room with Smokey but the band arrangement completely ruined it and her vocals did even more damage. The outfit, for me, just added to the cruise feel. Cheezy!!! Bad, just bad, performance.
5. Anoop [Ooh Baby Baby by The Miracles]--For me, not the very best song choice but the boy can sing. I love the timbre of his voice. He did show off his vocals a bit and sounded nice for the most part but I think he could have done a more fun song that still showcased his voice but in a more youthful way; I thought it was good overall, not great.
6. Michael [Ain't Too Proud to Beg by the Temptations]--Should have been a good choice for his soulful voice but it just didn't completely grab me. I like that he showed off his vocals more than last week but, while it sounded good in some parts, he pushed too hard in others.
7. Lil [Heat Wave by Martha and the Vandellas]--Way too old-fashioned. She really could have picked a better song that would have lent itself more to her own interpretation; I knew right when I heard the song choice that it was gonna be old-fashioned. She's a great singer but she has not shown (in the past two weeks, at least) that she can make songs her own. She sounded great but it was nothin' new.
8. Adam [Track of My Tears by Smokey Robinson]--When they first showed him before the commercial break previous to his performance, I was like "WHAT?!!! This will be interesting--and not in a good way." Boy was I pleasantly surprised! I thought he looked really handsome--I like the "clean" version of him. What a great arrangement and AWESOME vocals!! I am in awe of the control he has over his voice. I loved his toned down side. Parts of the song gave me goosebumps. It was such a heartfelt and musical performance. I loved, loved, loved it!
9. Danny [Get Ready by the Temptations]--It sounded great and it was energetic and fun to watch. I love how much he moves around the stage. Probably not my most favorite performance of his but pretty good overall. I'm definitely a fan.
10. Allison [Papa Was A Rolling Stone by the Temptations]--Great vocals, even though I wasn't really fond of the band arrangement (some weird stuff going on, in my opinion). She did great, though.
Sidenote: I was LOL at Simon drawing a mustache on Paula.
Who I voted for (yes, I actually did vote this time): Adam (clear favorite of the night), Danny, Matt, and Kris
Who I think will be in the bottom three: Megan (hope she's the one to go), Michael and Scott

1. Matt [Let's Get it On by Marvin Gaye]--WOOOO! Great choice for him! I really like how he started behind the piano, then got up. It was a great performance. I love his falsetto and riffs! Like Paula said, it had a "sexy, cool vibe".
2. Kris [How Sweet It Is by Marvin Gaye]--LOVED how he started it and I adore him with the guitar. I really liked his rendition and his vocals and runs were good. It had great energy and personality.
3. Scott [You Can't Hurry Love by Diana Ross]--I liked the piano part; not the best vocals, though, and the performance didn't hold the energy it should have. I don't think it was the best song choice for him but I do like that he did a more up-tempo song. I thought it was cute what he said about the pink pants: "They didn't tell me 'til 10 minutes before". Funny.
4. Megan [For Once in My Life by Stevie Wonder]--Can you say Carnival Cruise?!! I thought it sounded OK in the room with Smokey but the band arrangement completely ruined it and her vocals did even more damage. The outfit, for me, just added to the cruise feel. Cheezy!!! Bad, just bad, performance.
5. Anoop [Ooh Baby Baby by The Miracles]--For me, not the very best song choice but the boy can sing. I love the timbre of his voice. He did show off his vocals a bit and sounded nice for the most part but I think he could have done a more fun song that still showcased his voice but in a more youthful way; I thought it was good overall, not great.
6. Michael [Ain't Too Proud to Beg by the Temptations]--Should have been a good choice for his soulful voice but it just didn't completely grab me. I like that he showed off his vocals more than last week but, while it sounded good in some parts, he pushed too hard in others.
7. Lil [Heat Wave by Martha and the Vandellas]--Way too old-fashioned. She really could have picked a better song that would have lent itself more to her own interpretation; I knew right when I heard the song choice that it was gonna be old-fashioned. She's a great singer but she has not shown (in the past two weeks, at least) that she can make songs her own. She sounded great but it was nothin' new.
8. Adam [Track of My Tears by Smokey Robinson]--When they first showed him before the commercial break previous to his performance, I was like "WHAT?!!! This will be interesting--and not in a good way." Boy was I pleasantly surprised! I thought he looked really handsome--I like the "clean" version of him. What a great arrangement and AWESOME vocals!! I am in awe of the control he has over his voice. I loved his toned down side. Parts of the song gave me goosebumps. It was such a heartfelt and musical performance. I loved, loved, loved it!
9. Danny [Get Ready by the Temptations]--It sounded great and it was energetic and fun to watch. I love how much he moves around the stage. Probably not my most favorite performance of his but pretty good overall. I'm definitely a fan.
10. Allison [Papa Was A Rolling Stone by the Temptations]--Great vocals, even though I wasn't really fond of the band arrangement (some weird stuff going on, in my opinion). She did great, though.
Sidenote: I was LOL at Simon drawing a mustache on Paula.
Who I voted for (yes, I actually did vote this time): Adam (clear favorite of the night), Danny, Matt, and Kris
Who I think will be in the bottom three: Megan (hope she's the one to go), Michael and Scott
1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
As usual I agreed with everything you wrote. (except, I liked Alison's more than you did). I couldn't believe how handsome Adam looked, his control IS amazing!! I never really liked him before either.
Yes, the entire time Megan was singing I was like.. ew, cruise ship! I think she could be really good, she just needs direction.
Post a Comment