I meant to vote last night but I didn't, argh! Jared got home from a Young Men's activity at church right when AI was ending and we started watching something else and I completely forgot to vote. I thought, for the most part, they all BROUGHT IT last night! I didn't know what the heck they would do with Michael Jackson night but this was probably the best over-all Top 12/13 week one ever! Here are my critiques (as a side note, I always pause the DVR before the judges speak to write my notes before I hear what they have to say--yes, I know I'm an AI nerd):
Who I hope will go home: Jasmine and Megan (but I think Anoop might get sent home, even though I'd like to see what he does next week, as I really want to hear him SING).
BTW, I stayed home from Young Women's last night because I got another steroid injection in my neck yesterday morning--it went well, except for the fact that my blood pressure dropped pretty low in the recovery room after the injection (normal when procedures involve nerve stuff), which is a horrible feeling--nausea, dizzy, hot & cold at the same time, woozy--but it passed fairly quickly. The worst part was having to wait for over two hours for them to get to me. Glad I have another one over with, though! Please pray that this one works better than the first two in my neck!

- Lil Rounds {The Way You Make Me Feel}--Good song for her; I really liked her rendition of it to make it more R&B; she's great up on the stage.
- Scott MacIntyre {Keep the Faith}--I didn't know what the heck he would pick from MJ's repertoire but I think he chose a great song for his style and voice; I just love him on the piano; he doesn't have the strongest voice of the group but it's really pleasant and I like him!
- Danny Gokey {PYT}--When Ryan announced the song, I was like "Uh oh, what the heck is he gonna do with that???" I LOVED how he changed the beginning of the song and then how the rest of it was so fun and energetic and soulful! I love his stage presence and his vocal were amazing!! I watched it two times in a row. I can't say enough about how much I like him. I disagreed with Simon about the dancing--I liked it! :)
- Michael Sarver {You're Not Alone}--Good song choice for his voice and he sang it well; I liked how he started it seated; I agreed with Simon's comment "not the best singer but [he] sings with passion, heart and gives it 110%".
- Jasmine Murray {I'll Be There}--NASALLY!!! Blech. It was "beauty pageanty" to me. Simon hit the nail on the head when he said it was "robotic".
- Kris Allen {Remember the Time}--He has a great pop voice; I loved the guitar for this song and the personality he showed. Not the best song for showing off vocals but I really like it. I agreed with Paula about him being "engaging" with the guitar.
- Allison Iraheta {Give In To Me}--Not my favorite song but I liked her rock rendition of it; she has such a powerful voice and AMAZING stage presence for a 16-y.o.!
- Anoop Desai {Beat It}--Didn't show off his voice and I know he has one; the song is near impossible to do and not come off as karaoke. He's been trying too hard to come off as fun and hip but I just want to hear more of his voice. Like Paula said, that song is "untouchable" by anyone other than MJ.
- Jorge Nunez {Never Can Say Goodbye}--Didn't like the song and the arrangement was horrible; it came off as really cheezy to me; he can sing, though; I agreed with Kara that he wasn't "emotionally connected" to the song. I think he'll make it through off of Hispanic votes.
- Megan Corkrey {Rockin' Robin}--Once again, I abhor her body/hand movements; I thought it was a good song to match her voice and fun style but it definitely wasn't the best vocals. And WTH was up with the "caa caa!" at the end?! Crazy!
- Adam Lambert {Black and White}--He looks and sings like a star already; very energetic and I liked his spin on it; GREAT vocals and range!
- Matt Giraud {Human Nature}--I LOVE LOVE LOVE him on the piano; I really dug his version of the song and I love his riffing and falsetto! Great performance!
- Alexis Grace {Dirty Diana}--Love her power voice but her low notes aren't as good; I liked her version but there was something about it that I didn't like and I couldn't put my finger on it until Simon said she "over sung" it. Bingo!
Who I hope will go home: Jasmine and Megan (but I think Anoop might get sent home, even though I'd like to see what he does next week, as I really want to hear him SING).
BTW, I stayed home from Young Women's last night because I got another steroid injection in my neck yesterday morning--it went well, except for the fact that my blood pressure dropped pretty low in the recovery room after the injection (normal when procedures involve nerve stuff), which is a horrible feeling--nausea, dizzy, hot & cold at the same time, woozy--but it passed fairly quickly. The worst part was having to wait for over two hours for them to get to me. Glad I have another one over with, though! Please pray that this one works better than the first two in my neck!
0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment