Monday, February 09, 2009

Family dinner & a trip to visit a friend

On the first of this month, we went to my parents' house for family dinner. Mom made a fabulous roast dinner with stuffed potatoes, deviled eggs and rolls and some other things I'm forgetting. We brought a spinach salad. We also had two different kinds of king cakes from a really good bakery--pecan praline and strawberry cheesecake. Yum! I love family dinners! :) Here are some pics from that day:

{Brenna chowing down on some bread}:

{Belle & Tim--Belle ate a ton of cucumber slices!}:
{Mardi Gras baby--check out that adorable muffin top, hee hee!}:

Last week, I drove to Humble, TX on Wed. to visit my friend, Shelly. I've known Shelly since jr. high and we hung out a lot at LSU. She had a baby 3 months ago and it was great to meet him and her husband. They took me to Saltgrass Steak house where I had (what else) an awesome steak and shrimp and loaded baked potato. We got a cheesecake and bread pudding to share between the three of us. SO good! I've been to this place in Dallas after Nikki's first wedding. It was just as good as I remembered it. That night, we watched "The Secret Life of Bees" and cried; it's a great movie!

Thursday, I went with Shelly and Angelo to small claims court; Angelo owns a business and is being sued by a really dumb guy--long story. Shelly and I went and ate at a pizza and pasta place for lunch; we ate outside to enjoy the view of a lake and nice, breezy weather. That night, we went to the grand opening of a Life Fitness gym in their town. It was the biggest gym I have ever seen and I could never have imagined a gym that big. If you've ever seen an Ikea store, it was that big.

I left Friday mid-morning so I could get back before dark and not hit the horrible Baton Rouge traffic. I had such a great time with Shelly and can't wait to visit again. Some pics:

It was an uneventful weekend for me but Jared had to supervise drivers all night at one of the plants both Sat. night and last night because one of the dumb drivers pulled away after unloading his sulphur without unhooking the hose! Poor Jared has to deal with that kind of stuff all the time. I haven't seen him much the past couple of days so I'll be glad when he gets home from work tonight. Love ya', babe!

4 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

becki said...

Mmmm....love salt grass! *mouth watering*
would loved to have seen you, but i don't even know where humble texas is. :)
so if hubby and i ever want to visit new orleans could we get together???

Plain Jame said...

That looks fun! I love family dinners too, and the baby brenna is growing so fast!
Fun to meet up with an old friend - I love that! It's such a fun feeling when you can pick up where you've left off and have fun together!

Kikibug said...

HOW FUN! Too many things to comment about.
Brenna is so freaking cute. I want to nibble on her chubby legs!
mmm Salt Grass, I remember the cheesecake being the BEST!
Fun that you had so much fun with Shelly. I can't wait to meet Cameron.

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Oh, I miss those Tassin dinners. Mmmmm...yummy. Those girls are so CUTE.
We have to get over there to visit. Shelly! I remember her. She's awesome. Good to see that she's doing well.