We have really enjoyed watching the Olympics! We're pretty much addicted to watching it--we Tivo everything and fast forward through commercials and some of the stuff. Our favorite sports to watch have been swimming (it's been thrilling to see Phelps win all his golds!), gymnastics (even though we get ticked at some of the scoring that seems to favor the Chinese gymnasts but we are so proud of Shawn and Nastia!) and beach volleyball (May & Walsh rock!!). Other than watching the Olympics, pretty much all I've done is go to a Cub Scout swim party (I was in charge and thankfully other people helped a lot) and to a party at my parents' house, as well as a wedding open house.
As far as my recovery from the wreck, the real pain started a few days after the wreck, after the stiffness went away. It's been hard to find any relief at all and to get any sleep. At some points, I've been in so much pain I've cried. I went to see an orthopedic surgeon last Monday and he had me take lots of x-rays (didn't see anything, of course, since any real damage would only be seen in an MRI) and he sent me to physical therapy. I started the physical therapy this Monday and am going three times a week. Fun stuff, let me tell ya'! I'm happy to report that after only two sessions, the horrible pain I felt around my right shoulder blade, with referral pain in my chest, has lessened. I only hope I continue to feel better and better. I will defintely do all the exercises and stretches I'm supposed to!
I want you all to know how great Jared has been. Since I haven't been able to do much around the house, he has really been a huge help, coming home from working all day to do stuff around the house plus keep up with his yardwork. He really takes great care of me and is being so sweet and understanding (although he doesn't usually know what to do or say when I start crying because I feel bad for not being able to do very much). I love him so much!
Another side effect of the wreck--post traumatic stress disorder! We went to my parents' house on Saturday for the party to celebrate Tim getting his Master's degree. It was the first time I've ridden in a car in the rain since the wreck. I was petrified! I started breathing heavy, almost to the point of hyperventilating and I actually started bawling from being so overwhelmed with fear. Jared felt so bad--he said seeing me like that ripped his heart out. He had to stop at the first exit after we got on the interstate and wait for me to calm down. Then, he made me lay my seat back and close my eyes, and he turned the music way up, for the rest of the drive. I'm sure I will eventually get over that fear, or least mostly over it(it has to since we live in Louisiana and it rains so much here!), but I'm not looking forward to facing that fear again.
Here are some pics from Tim's party:
{Tim and Brenna--dontcha just love that outfit, especially the shoes?! It's an LSU shirt, BTW}
{Belle changed into this adorable outfit to go to a friend's birthday party}
{Brenna is smiling a LOT--it doesn't take much to make her smile! She is such a sweet, sweet baby!}
{Best buds Brandon, Tim & Greg--Tim wearing an SLU shirt, even though this party was to celebrate getting his Master's from LSU!}
8 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
I'm glad Jared is being a nice husband and babying you, you deserve it. Plus, I'd have to come give him a duck-pluck.
Wow Brenna is growing, she is so beautiful just like her sister!
Love ya sis
BRENNA IS SO CUTE - HEART BREAKER!
hey! agreeeeeeeeeeeeed about the olympics FAVORING the chinese athletes in the "judged" sports like gymnastics and diving, etc. It's RIDICULOUS. Natasia totally earned that GOLD medal but got silver. I was like HUH???????????
oh yea the olympics were fixed but usa prevailed anyway and it was fun to watch. we tivo'd too but there was a cute commercial w/a dalmation and clydesdale. great dh for tending to ya!
Hope you get to feeling better soon Dana ... it's very hard to feel normal when you're in pain, but it sounds like your husband is a doll and he's doing all the right things.
We've been watching the olympics here too, I can't believe some of the scoring deficiencies, it's been so biased and unfair but it appears there isn't much that can be done about it. Phelps is a swimming God, wow he's amazing.
Tania
Holy cow, Dana...I haven't been on your blog sicne before you posted about the wreck. I had no idea!!!!! What an absolute mess. I'm so sorry you are in pain but so happy that the injuries were not much, much worse.
Belle is the cutest little thing, I can't beleive how big she has gotten.
Kudos to your fabulous DH for being such a sweet man!
As for the Olympic judging (and the age of the Chinese gymnasts) don't even get me started!
OMGosh, Dana! So sorry to hear about your accident! I hope you're feeling 100% better soon! Hugs.
I just have to let you know about a GREAT new and safe LDS website for sisters only, called "Our Ladies Room" at http://www.ourladiesroom.com/
Lots of super ladies on there already, and plenty of groups and forums to join and discuss a ton of issues.
Hope to see you there!
Post a Comment