Lagniappe is a Cajun French term meaning "a little something extra." Since the last game at Alex Box Stadium was supposed to be May 11 (due to a new baseball stadium being built at LSU) but the Tigers continued to win and sweep through the SEC championship, LSU fans and officials are referring to the regional tournament as "Lagniappe Days". And, since they won all three games they played this weekend, they will now get to host the Super Regional tournament next weekend. BTW, their win streak has been extended to a whopping 23--a new SEC record. Two more wins and we're in the College World Series! Here's to more Lagniappe at the Box! Laissez le bon temps rouler!!! [Let the good times roll!]
I haven't posted since last Monday but not too much has been going on except lots of church stuff--Young Women's Wed. night, a Cub Scout pack mtg. on Thursday and lots of prep for both. Jared's bday was Tuesday but he just wanted to stay in so I made dinner and we just relaxed. I gave him some stuff for his gas BBQ grill--a meat thermometer, spray-on cleaner, and a cleaning brush. He got some good stuff at his birthday party--a shirt and money from my parents, a "The Dirty Dozen" DVD (one of his all-time favorite movies) from Ben & Becky, and cologne from his sister.
I got my birthday present really early:
22" monitor! This baby is huge--notice the two programs sitting comfortably side-by-side. Trust me, this thing is bigger IRL than it looks in the picture. We took advantage of a Memorial Day sale and it arrived only three days later! I love it!
We had stake conference last night and this morning. It was really good--yet another reminder that we really need to get more food storage, though!
One of my dad's brothers died on Friday; the funeral is Wed. I might play the piano at the service but they haven't told me for sure yet. On to brighter news:
Tuesday afternoon I will have another niece (Ben & Becky's 2nd girl)! Can't wait to see what she looks like! Then Kiki is fyling in from Utah Thursday night. Woohoo! She leaves the night before girl's camp starts so I will be extremely busy for the next two weeks. It will all be fabulously fun, though!
Happy Summer, y'all!!!
Sunday, June 01, 2008
Lagniappe Days at Alex Box
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
WOO-HOO, only 2 days and I will see you!
Your monitor looks AWESOME. I love having a big monitor, it makes a HUGE difference when I am working.
Post a Comment