Just to give you and idea of what I've been doing:
Wed.: got up early to practice the piano, drove to Hammond for my uncle's funeral (at which I played the piano), stayed for the family luncheon afterward, drove to Baton Rouge to see my new niece again
Thurs.: Went and picked up my parents at their house so we could pick up my sister, Kiki, from the New Orleans airport. We stopped to eat then drove to B.R. to see Brenna again. I stayed at my parents' house that night.
Fri.: Went to breakfast with my mom and sis then we waited for Brenna to get home from the hospital. We went to Ben & Becky's house when they got home, left for a bit to go out to eat with our good friend Shelly and her Mom, then went back to their house and stayed until after 11pm. I stayed another night at my parents' with Kiki.
Sat.: Kiki, Mom and I went and shopped at the French Market in New Orleans and met up with my brother, Tim, and had lunch. We drove my mom back to her house then headed to my house, where our friend Shelly came and spent the night with us. We had a great time snacking (never go grocery shopping with two pregnant ladies!) and chatting the night away (we stayed up until after 2am).
Sun.: Kiki, Jared and I went to church, then Kiki and I headed to my parents' house straight from church. Jared went to work after sacrament mtg. and went to my parents' house a little later. We had roast beef and ham po-boys at my parents' with our family and Becky's family and watched the LSU baseball game--they were losing but came back and won in the 9th inning! Whew! I stayed yet another night at my parents'.
Mon. (today): Brenna had a dr.'s appt., so Becky dropped her off and Kiki, Mom, Dad, Belle and I went to eat at a great place in Hammond. When we got back to their house, Dad brought Kiki to the airport. I stayed with my Mom until Becky picked up Belle (so I could see Brenna for a minute), then I drove home to shop, do laundry, and pack for girl's camp in the morning.
I'll be at camp from tomorrow until Friday. I hope it doesn't get any hotter over the next few days so we won't burn up and be miserable. At least we get to sleep in air conditioned cabins and all our food will be prepared. BTW, my mom is going as a camp cook, ha ha! Don't envy that job! I'm sure I'll have a great time with the girls but wish me luck!
Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure :
{Brenna on her pink LSU blanket in the hospital on her 2nd day}
{Angel Baby--day 3}
{Kiki, Jeannie, Shelly, Me Fri. night}
{Belle, ready for bed, Fri. night}
{Kiki, Mom, Me in New Orleans on Sat.}
{How cute is that?! She has enough hair to have bows clipped in, not stuck on with Caro syrup, like most baby girls!}
{This is at my parents' house on Sunday}
{Jared & Brenna}
{Kiki & Belle this morning}
1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
what a fun time you've had! can't get over how beautiful your family is! and all that hair on brenna! so jealous! we jused ky jelly instead of karo syrup-worked so good! have fun in the heat at girls camp-your an angel!
Post a Comment