I got a brand new elliptical! I am actually excited to work out! I started a "health plan" on Jan. 2 and have lost ~6 lbs. so far but felt like I wasn't getting much out of my work-outs on the mini trampoline. Jared and I were supposed to join a gym last fall but never got around to it so we decided to invest in an elliptical that we could both use at home, instead. We went with a Sole E95. It is AWESOME!! It has all these features plus some:
*built-in cooling fan and water bottle holder
*built in speakers which allow you to hook up any MP3 player or other audio device
*pulse sensors for monitoring your heart rate
*oversize foot pedals with durable foam cushioning for a comfortable workout
*2 degree inward slope to the foot pedals which reduce ankle and knee stress
*adjustable foot pedal angle (can raise and lower the heel), which reduces numb toe effects and sore Achilles tendons
*Weight capacity of 400 lbs. (this means it can take a beating and will last a long time!)
*Extremely quiet and smooth operation (I'm actually very surprised at how quiet it is)
Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging but I am way too excited and would like to thank Jared for getting it for me! :) Here's a picture of it:

It's in Jared's TV room--we removed his recliner. For the record, I wanted to put it in our bedroom but Jared insisted we put it in his TV room so he can exercise on it and watch his Tivo'd shows on his big screen (our bedroom just has satellite, not Tivo, and a small TV).
OK, what else has been going on? We bought one of those little hamster balls for Zoe, our Russian dwarf hamster. I don't know why but I think it's so cute to see her run around the house in it!
I went with my brothers, SIL, niece, and a couple other guys to the National Championship celebration at the LSU football stadium this past Sat. It was SO cold but at least it didn't rain while we were there (it had rained all night and morning, so we almost decided not to go). There were 25,000 people there. It was fun, though, and I am SO happy to be living here for this championship. SO FUN!! :) Here are some pics from the celebration (we went to the Mall of Louisiana first, where we ate lunch and my niece rode the carousel a couple of times):
My brother and niece:
The coach and 4 of the team captains holding up the $30k crystal ball:
The hoisting of the new National Champions flag in the stadium:
The people I went with (L-R=my brother's neighbor, my SIL, brother, niece, brother's friend, and brother):
Me, of course:
Speaking of the championship, I know most of you have heard Jared say that I am spoiled. Well, I can't help it if he's the one spoiling me! I bought a nat'l championship t-shirt a couple days after we won. Jared came home the next week with two more t-shirts plus these penants and a bumper sticker for me:
THEN, he came home yesterday with ANOTHER t-shirt! Keep in mind that he is not an LSU fan so he buys all this stuff just for me. What a sweetie but he is the one to blame for me being spoiled! No complaints from me, though! :) :) :)
Last week, I took a bubble bath in the jetted tub and put just a little too much bubble stuff in it! I had to turn the jets off or it would have just kept growing and growing! It was funny, though! I'm only posting this because you can't see a thing. :)
One more thing, from last night. Jared asked where the camera was and I thought he was gonna take pictures of the elliptical but he asked me to put his dinner dishes away for him. He was in the living room, holding the camera, and I knew something was up. I was looking around the kitchen, trying to find some clue as to what he was up to but didn't see anything, so finally decided to just put the dishes in the sink and rinse them off. And here's what happened:
He had put a rubber band on the sprayer nozzle so that it sprayed out when the water turned on. He's so naughty! But it was pretty funny. It wasn't so funny, though, that he did it again, ready for it to squirt me when I got up at 6am this morning to make him oatmeal before he got up for work!
So that is our past couple of weeks. If you made it through all of that, thanks! :) I'll try to post more often so I don't have so much in one post next time.
4 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
That is a great new toy! We have a Healthrider and it's pretty cool but yours looks like it takes up a little less room, and that's a good thing.
Wow! SO much to comment about. I didn't know y'all went to the LSU thing. So fun! Y'all look so cute!
Your elliptical ROCKS!! HURRAY! I am so excited for you and I see that you put it in Jareds room. I think thats the best place so you can watch your shows on the sweet TV.
Does Chloe chase the hamster?? It just seems too fun to pass up if I were a kitty.
That is the cutest picture of Belle and Ben. Can you send me a full size one? I want to print it out.
hahahah! i love the video of you getting sprayed by the water thing! that is too funny!
I tagged you on my blog
Post a Comment