1st grade portraits! These were taken on 10/2. Between her crazy eyes and crazier teeth, Makenna's is cracking me up! 😂 These were taken before Avery lost her two front teeth.
10/17--This girl stayed home sick today (puked in her bed in the middle of the night=so fun). She has asked every single hour, "When is Avery coming home??"
She was feeling much better by early afternoon, so we let her go with Avery to the 6-8yo club at the library for the Boo Crew activity and they got to wear their (incomplete) costumes for the first time--Glinda and the Wicked Witch of the West. Bonus--a couple of their friends also went.
10/18--Red Ribbon Week crazy hair day. 😀 After giving them some options, Makenna opted for spider web and Avery, a pumpkin bun.
10/19--First day of Fall Break and we went with Kiki's family to ride the Heber Valley Railroad Pumpkin Train. We went through the haunted car, we each got a free pumpkin, and had fun on the train ride and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. On the ride, there was Halloween music and dancing, a "pass the broom" game (like hot potato where the person holding the broom when the music stopped had to ride it up and down the aisle), there were fiddlers playing music, and we were each given a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie to eat. We had a great time!
10/20--At a kids museum during Fall Break in Utah County. 😨😨😨 Yes, it is packed. The things I do for my kids.
10/21--We went to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point this morning with our friends, the Stokes. The kids loved seeing all the different scarecrows, then they played for a while in the inflatable bounce house, slide, and obstacle course. On the way home, we all ate lunch at Popeye's. Such a fun day!
After the Scarecrow Festival, the twins played with Bailey the rest of the day and she fixed Avery's hair, which I think came out super cute:
That evening--Watching my Tigers and the Astros at the same time. Again. I wish they weren't on at the same time!
...Can't wait to watch the Astros in the World Series!
10/23--Ants on a log for Makenna and just a log for Avery. 😃 Just playing at home today for our last day of fall break. We were supposed to go to the kids museum again today but they haven't mentioned it and I'm certainly not bringing it up! 😅 They've been having fun playing together outside all day, anyway. They're having a picnic in the backyard right now. 😊😊
10/25--This is to show just how apathetic Whiskers is when various items are placed on him. He actually sat there with that bowl on his head for several minutes, ha ha! Most cats would not stand for that for one second.
10/26--Makenna missed 2 days of school this week due to fever. With one sick day the previous week, plus three days of fall break, she's only been to school four times the past two weeks. This was her napping one of the afternoons she was home.
10/27--Avery came home with the caterpillars that she and another student found at recess. She and Makenna loved having them all weekend. They watched them a LOT and held them quite a bit. They constantly went and got fresh leaves for them. They named them Fuzzy and Wuzzy.
Lehi Halloween Extravaganza. The girls got to trick-or-treat, play several games, decorated paper masks, and eat sloppy joes and chips. We had fun, for the most part--after trick-or-treating, Avery's skirt started to bother her [because she didn't listen to me and wear leggings, she only wanted to wear stockings, so the tulle made her itch really bad]. She didn't want to take her skirt off, and didn't want to leave, but was crying that it was itching. We almost left, but then Makenna started crying about that. Ack! I finally got her to stop crying and she eventually just got use to it and started having fun again.
10/28--So I made cheesy cauliflower soup using cauliflower from our garden and the twins actually liked it. 😊
10/31--I went and took pictures of the twins' class during the school costume parade that morning, then at their class party that afternoon.
At the class party, they played "pumpkin bowling" (knocked down rolls of t.p. with small pumpkins), made spider donuts, played "wrap the mummy", made hanging bats, and drank smoking witches brew that the teacher made.
Halloween Night: The girls and Jared painted their pumpkins after school. I was having stomach pains, and no one in Jared's family came over like they usually do, so I didn't make the traditional Halloween chili (Makenna was OK with that, ha ha). I went with them to trick-or-treat at the first couple of houses (they went to their BFF's house first), then Jared took them the rest of the night while I stayed home to hand out candy (and watch the Astros in the World Series!). I ended up having to drive and pick them up a couple of streets down because Makenna's foot was hurting. They got plenty of candy and had a great time.
I put this hand in our candy bowl as I handed out candy. I got a few funny reactions. One 4yo boy said, "Whaaaat?" And another little girl's eyes opened really wide when she saw it, ha ha!
The girls did these papers at school earlier this week and I was dying over Avery's. So funny!!!
Translation:
I think my teacher should be a zombie.
1) It is creepy. I like them.
2) They say brains.
3) They are bloody.
I love the details in the drawing, ha ha ha!
Makenna's:
I think my teacher should be a vampire.
1) Monster fangs
2) Night, blood
3) Her back cape; comes out at night












































































0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment