Wednesday, September 06, 2017

2nd Half of August 2017

8/16--Makenna had soccer practice at a park, so Avery got to play during the practice and we stayed a little while afterward so Makenna could play. I took individual pictures of all the girls at the beginning of practice. I'll use them with the team picture I will take at an upcoming game.



8/17--They earned free Happy Meals by completing a summer reading program. We went and got them between shopping for new tennis shoes at Payless and jeans at DI.

Then, we went Museum of Natural Curiosity for a bit before heading home for dinner.





8/18--Family day at the "beach", enjoying one of our last few days of the summer swimming, floating, and having a picnic. The girls and I floated around together for a while--them on their rafts and me on my Sit N Float. Avery LOVED just relaxing on hers--she was more than content to let me or Makenna hold on to her raft so she could just relax, ha ha!









We met the girls' 1st grade teacher at Back to School Night that night. They are sad that only 2 or 3 kids from their kindergarten class are in their class this year but excited that Leighton, a girl in our ward, is in their class this year! :D Oh, and I signed up for the PTA! I hope I don't regret it, ha ha ha!

8/19--So ticked right now! Avery has to change gymnastics day and time because the class she has been going to will be during school now. She can't attend the new class until September, which means she will miss the next two weeks of gymnastics. One of the teachers told me that she could go to open gym to practice any Sat. in the next 3 weeks to make up for the missed classes. SO, after Makenna's soccer game this morning, I tried to take a nap (never did go to sleep) then I got up and got the girls ready to go and was told when we got to the gym that open gym can only be used the Sat. AFTER they miss a class. I explained to the receptionist that I only went today because a teacher told me I could but she sent us home, anyway. Seems like she could have made a concession because of the teacher's error. 😡😡😡

After we were turned away from Avery's gymnastics open gym time, I stopped and let them play at a park for a while so I didn't feel like I wasted a trip out of the house, ha ha.

We had fun at the neighborhood luau that evening! Fun games, yummy food, Hawaiian ice, and great company. 😀 And we used a bunch of stuff from my 40th birthday luau a few years ago to dress up for it. The girls were so excited to dress up. Avery wouldn't wear the other set of coconuts, though, so I wore them. 🤣









8/20--The girls did Jared's hair. 😂



8/21--Last day of summer 2017:
The girls and I got up and cleaned the house, then we all viewed the eclipse. We started on our deck using a pinhole viewer and binoculars viewer I made, then went across the street and used our friends' glasses. After lunch, we went with them to the dinosaur museum, then the girls and I went to Farm Country for a bit before heading home for dinner.















8/22--1st Day of 1st Grade!


















The twins love first grade. Makenna said it was the best day ever when they got home. 😃

Bailey's mom made some delicious pear sauce using pears from her parents' house and she brought some to us:

Now they are watching a shark show downstairs with Daddy before bedtime. Makenna made a bed using all the couch cushions and some blankets.


8/23--Avery dressed her dog in some of her clothes.

8/24--Playing Mario Kart with Daddy before bedtime.

8/26-27--Jared and the girls had a fun weekend. Me, not so much. They went to the school carnival Friday night while I stayed home with a migraine. On Saturday, they went to an extended family party while I was home sick. Boooo! We also had one of Jared's sisters and her husband and baby stay here two nights and his dad, as well. And the girls had fun playing Mario Kart with Mikan and Jason when they were here for a bit Saturday night.






8/28--Grandpa is staying with us for a few days and he took us out to dinner at the twins' favorite place.


8/30--Makenna's last soccer game of the season:


Just a couple of snapshots of Avery at the soccer game I did the vinyl on her shirt and she loves it. :)


The parents made a tunnel for our team after the game:



I took the team picture the previous game on the 26th and individuals at their last practice on the 16th:

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: