7/17--Movie night with friends :) #summernight
7/18--Left on my nightstand a few days ago:
Dear Mommy I love you and I polished your glasses, from Avery.
😊😊😊
7/18--Another fun 6-8yo club at the library. [Looking through the kaleidoscopes they made.]
Smoothies for dinner! Avery loaded up her backpack with the smoothie, a water bottle, and some snacks to bring to a friend's house to play volleyball, I think. I'm pretty sure my girls are having a super fun summer! I love living in this neighborhood with so many girls their age! 😃
7/19--The girls went and ran in the sprinklers at Bailey's house, then had pancakes for dinner over there. They had fun but got eaten up by mosquitoes. 😢
7/20--I took the girls and a friend to a splash pad this morning. They spent more time on the playgrounds than they did the splash pad but at least they had fun. After lunch, they went and played at her house for a bit. I was able to go to a church women's activity tonight, which was really nice--especially all the chatting afterward. :)
We are getting eaten alive by mosquitos! All day and night. Jared got several bites just walking to the mailbox. It wasn't too bad for us until this week. My kids won't play outside now because they are so scared of getting bit by more mosquitos. They are already covered in big welts. They both wore long sleeve shirts and pants just to walk across the street and Makenna even put on a mask, ha ha! I have already filled out the abatement form, and I know neighbors have, as well, so hopefully it will get taken care of soon!
7/21--The girls played a few games at our house with their friend today (and I beat them at Trouble, ha ha), then her mom took them to get ice cream cones after grocery shopping, where they got to push their own little carts around. :)
That evening: The girls are in the tub singing "Just Beat It". What the? 😂
7/22--Coralie (Bailey's mom) and I took our kids to Jigglefest at Thanksgiving Point this morning. They slid on one of the inflatable slides before the Jello fight started, then slid on it again afterward (the line was way too long for the big slide). Avery had fun in the Jello fight but Makenna wasn't feeling her best and only threw Jello for about a minute, then came to me. The sprinklers did little to get all the Jello off. I think Makenna would have enjoyed it more if she had felt better. She rested at home the rest of the day when we got home (while Avery played with a friend), except to go with me to pick up a couple of things from Walmart this evening. It was hard for me to get good photos of the Jello fight because I didn't want to get in the thick of things. I escaped with only a tiny bit of Jello on me and none on my camera. :)
7/23--Our 18th Anniversary! After church, we ate lunch, loaded up, and headed down to Payson Lakes for the day. We hiked to Grotto Falls (the perfect hike for Avery at only .6 mile, ha ha), then Jared and the girls used our inflatable canoe (Jared got it from his co. a couple of years ago but we hadn't used it yet--I think we will more now) and rowed around the lake for a bit and the girls went swimming. Meanwhile, I sat in my camping chair and read a book. :D It started to sprinkle on us and looked like we might get lightning, so we packed up and headed down the canyon to a picnic area, where we had a picnic dinner. It was a great day and we all had fun together. :)
7/24--Happy Pioneer Day! That means Lehi Foam Day! I took the girls to it in 2014, then it wasn't held in 2015 due to water restrictions and the girls and I were headed back from our trip to OR with Kiki last year on Pioneer Day, so we were excited to be able to go to it again. I also took their BFF and her brother. They had a lot of fun playing in the bubbles for a while, then we got some lemonade. None of them were interested in waiting in the lines for the inflatable slides=win for me, ha ha!
7/25--Jared went to Heber all day to help the bishopric set up tents and stuff for girls camp, heh heh. Bailey came over after lunch and played here and stayed for dinner then past bedtime.
7/26--I cleaned all day because Bunco was at my house; Jared took Avery to gymnastics.























































0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment