9/2--They rocked their first week of kindergarten! 😆
Mommy time! Jared and the girls went to stay at Grandma's for the night so they can go to the Mountain Man Rendezvous tomorrow in Fort Bridger. I got to take Kiki out to dinner for her birthday and now I get the house to myself tonight and all day tomorrow. I'll be watching football ALL DAY, WOOOOOOOOOOO! Can't wait to watch my Tigers! ❤🐯🏈😆
I love my fur babies! :)
9/3--I've been reminded several times this week that it is not wise to let your feet poke out from your blanket when there's a playful kitty at the foot of your bed. Ouch! He's way too cute to be mad at, though.
There's a fly tormenting Oreo. So funny!
Jared took the girls to the Rendezvous in Fort Bridger on Saturday, along with his dad, a BIL, and two sisters and their 9 kids. They had a great time, espeically being with so many of their cousins. They stayed the night at Grandma's house the night before.
![]() |
| Aunt Laura braided their hair for them before they went |
![]() |
| Watching the Native American dancers |
![]() |
| Dancing with the Native Americans |
One guess which is me and which is Jared Crittenden, ha ha!
9/5--Our Labor Day--got up this morning and drove to Jared's Grandpa's house. We visited for a while, then went and played in his backyard. While we were outside, Jared's cousin, Valerie, showed up with her family and the twins had a great time playing with her kids. We all went out to lunch at a little hamburger & shake place in Grandpa's small town. On the way home, we stopped and Jared took the girls down to the river to wade for a bit. Fun day!
"Mommy, you need to go upstairs and take a picture of Oreo and Whiskers sleeping together! It's so cute!!" [Makenna]
9/6--Sorry, I just can't stop posting pictures of him! Whiskers must have gotten jealous. ;)
When the girls and I got home from dance class and grocery shopping, I pulled into the garage and turned the car off but left the radio on and just sat there singing. After a minute or two, Avery yelled, "Open the door already!" We all started cracking up!
9/8--Makenna wasn't even all the way off the bus yet when she started excitedly telling me that we needed to go to Chick-Fil-A that night. So we went there for Spirit Night, where our school got part of the proceeds from tonight. Makenna made some friends and I heard one little boy tell his mom that she was his girlfriend. :) Probably didn't mean the same thing to him but still cute.
9/9--Avery earned 5 "way to go" tickets, so she was able to do show and tell today; of course, she chose to bring Oreo. :)
Our weekend (9/9-9/10):
We drove up to Logan Friday afternoon and stopped at Gossner Foods and got a bunch of cheese products and Jared loaded up on flavored milk, then stopped at a couple of stores. After eating dinner, we took the girls swimming in the hotel pool. They had a blast swimming with their arm floaties on. Right as we were fixin' to get out, Makenna took her floaties off and started swimming on her own!! Avery tried, too, but she doesn't quite move her arms and legs fast enough.
The next morning, we drove to the twins' birth mom's house to visit her and her mom. We had a nice time visiting and the girls loved petting her goats and drawing with chalk on their porch. Someone I know from back home just opened a Cajun restaurant in Logan so we all went to eat lunch there, then we headed home.
P.S. When we got to the hotel, I discovered that my bag with all of my and the twins' toiletries was left at home! We had to use the super cheap toothbrushes and combs from the hotel, I had to use the crappy hotel hairdryer (trust me when I say an ionizer makes a huge difference), I had no make-up, no leave-in conditioner for me and the girls after swimming, I had to use Jared's deodorant, and the list goes on. I won't be making that mistake again, ha ha! [I know, first world problems.]
![]() |
| Shopping in Logan |
![]() |
| Avery practicing putting her face in the water |
![]() |
| Giving Katie her birthday present |
9/11--Today, the girls had their Primary program, which Grandma and Jason and his girlfriend came to, then they came to our house for a little while and we ate tomato sandwiches and cucumbers with ranch dip, using tomatoes and cucumbers from our garden, of course. :)
9/12--What a good big brother 😅
9/15--Jared's grandpa took the four of us fishing on Jordanelle Reservoir. It was a bit chilly, especially on the ride to the fishing spot but it wasn't too bad once the boat was still. We caught 14 fish total and kept 12. We started in one spot and didn't catch anything for a little while and the girls were starting to get antsy but, when Grandpa moved the boat to a new spot, we started catching fish almost right away! The girls really loved it once we started catching fish! At one point, Makenna was holding the pole by herself and started yelling, "I think I caught one! Daddy! Daddy! Help!" :D We all had a great time with Grandpa!!
![]() |
| Riding out to the fishing spot |
![]() |
| They caught the fish of the day! Avery's first fish ever! :D |
![]() |
| My first fish of the day! |
![]() |
| Makenna's first fish! |
![]() |
| Grandpa let Makenna drive the boat part of the way back to the dock; Avery didn't want to. |
![]() |
| Grandpa and his boat :) |
![]() |
| The girls and I walked on the shore to see some ducks |





































































0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment