Sunday, February 15, 2015

3 weeks!

Ooops, has it really been that long since I last posted?  Well, it's not like we've done that much lately, anyway, since Jared has been out of town, but here are some tidbits (mostly copied from Facebook):

1/26: Jared, look what your girls did during my last piano lesson. Avery also pooped her pants and was screaming and crying. Trying not to beat two little girls right now. Still have one more lesson today. Hopefully, they will be good during this one!!


1/27: I don't know what to do with my girls while I'm teaching piano lessons; if they're not interrupting lessons, they are off somewhere making a mess. Today, they stayed downstairs the whole time--only interrupted one of my three lessons for just a few seconds--but then I went down after the last lesson and saw this! It's Cheez-Its crushed into the carpet! I had given them a snack and turned on a movie and thought they were being so good to not come upstairs and interrupt lessons but little did I know that they were creating another huge mess down there! Argh!!!
1/29: Well, it cost me $450 but my digital piano now has all new hammers; only one was broken but, since the piano is 15 years old, the guy found that there were cracks in pretty much all of the hammers. He also had to solder the plug-in for the pedals chord, as the pedals use to stop working sometimes and I had to unplug and re-plug in the chord in the back of the piano or jiggle the chord around until it started working again (so annoying). I figured since I just started teaching lessons again, I'd better get my piano in better shape. It still plays beautifully after all these years, I still love it, and I'm thankful to have it in like-new condition again. And $450 is way better than buying a brand new piano!
ile emoticon1/29: Well, it cost me $450 but my digital piano now has all new hammers; only one was broken but, since the piano is 15 years old, the guy found that there were cracks in pretty much all of the hammers. He also had to solder the plug-in for the pedals chord, as the pedals use to stop working sometimes and I had to unplug and re-plug in the chord in the back of the piano or jiggle the chord around until it started working again (so annoying). I figured since I just started teaching lessons again, I'd better get my piano in better shape. It still plays beautifully after all these years, I still love it, and I'm thankful to have it in like-new condition again. And $450 is way better than buying a brand new piano! 

Just a few adorable shots of Whiskers:




2/1: Just got home from church and was helping Avery take her tights off and she said, "My feet are sweaty and they smell like Cheez-Its!" Hee hee!

My girls loved the Super Bowl half-time show so much we had to watch it twice. They loved all the props, especially the lion and beach scene, and the fireworks.
Go Pats! That was a great Super Bowl!!

Where my girls are sleeping tonight. We made this fort earlier today and they asked to sleep in it tonight:





2/3: There was a little showcase for the parents at dance class today. Avery actually danced for everyone! YAAAAAAYYYYYY! The video is pretty cute. :)


2/4: At the request of my sis and niece, here is me with awesome 80's hair; this was taken at the end of my sophomore year in 1989. I need to find a photo from my freshman year--my hair was even more awesome then, ha ha!! 

2/6: I just created this to frame as part of my Valentine's Day decorations. It makes me happy:
2/7: This was one of my Christmas stocking stuffers from Jared and I just broke into it a few days ago. Still have most of the first cup left. It's humongous!




2/7: I stopped making the twins take naps this past week. They were still napping most days but it was turning into too much of a fight. They have fallen asleep on the couch a couple of times this week, ha ha. Although I miss that quiet time during the day, it's nice to put them to bed a little earlier. This was how they fell asleep on the couch earlier today while I was nursing a migraine in my bed late this afternoon. Not sure how Avery fell asleep like that! Probably exhausted from playing outside for a while and running around and playing inside most of the day, since I only let them watch TV for an hour or so when they first woke up. A nice, warm bath after they played outside probably helped, too.



2/9: Ack! My twins came upstairs during two of my piano lessons NAKED with red cinnamon scented candle wax all over them! There is red candle wax all over the couch down there. They also switched out DVDs on their own and left several DVDs out of the cases on the floor. Argh!

P.S. I had sent the twins to their room during my last lesson of the day, after they came upstairs and were running around naked and laughing hysterically, and I told them to sit on a towel and stay there until I was finished with the lesson. When I went in to deal with them, I found that Avery had drawn all over herself with a marker and they ripped a magazine to shreds while they were in there! Getting a sitter during lessons is in the works now!
Oh, and this is all after a hellish time at church yesterday (won't even get into that) and more household destruction after church. Makenna and I fell asleep together on the couch, so Avery decided to break some of my decorative twigs into pieces. Then, I was watching a show while I thought they were playing in their room until I heard hysterical laughing and splashing in their bathroom; when I went to see what was going on, there was a 1/4" of water on the floor, which they had poured there and were splashing in. Had to breathe deep and count to 20 on that one!!! This had better be a short phase!
If I didn't love them SOOOOOOO much!

2/10: We were late for dance class because I got pulled over by a cop. No, not speeding, an expired inspection sticker--I honestly didn't know it had expired, even though it expired months ago. Oops! Can't be mad at getting the ticket, it's totally my fault. Makenna told on me to her dance teacher. She said, "Mommy got in trouble by the cop. He was behind us!" Ha ha!

They are enjoying this gorgeous day by eating lunch out on the deck, jumping on the trampoline, blowing bubbles and using the princess castle bubble machine they got for their birthday, and drawing on the deck with sidewalk chalk.

2/11: My girls have a new obsession with running around naked. They've taken all their clothes off every day this week. Today, I looked out the window to check on them just a couple of minutes after they got on the trampoline and they were jumping naked! And it was a little bit chilly outside! What is up with this new behavior? Kind of funny but inappropriate when others can see (or in front of my piano students)! Little weirdos! :)


2/14: Our Valentine's Day: I had made this "Love Notes" mailbox a few weeks ago and the girls have been putting "valentines" that they drew in it for each other and for me and Jared for a couple of weeks--it was full of notes, ha ha! Jared had also put in a couple of really sweet notes for each of us and I printed a couple of "Frozen" valentines for each of the girls. They had fun looking through all of them and had plenty of hugs for each other and said, "Happy Valentine's Day!" quite a few times. They also got to open a gift, which included a small box of chocolates and a pair of Olaf slippers. They fell asleep on the couch, along with Whiskers, late that afternoon and we ordered pizza for dinner, which I ordered at 5:30 and it was delivered at 8:00! Just a nice, relaxing day at home (besides the migraine I had for part of the day). Valentine's date with Jared to come later when he gets back in town...














Tomorrow is the first time I'll have a babysitter during piano lessons.  One of my students (14yo) is gonna watch the girls for one hour on Mondays and Tuesdays during my lessons.  My lessons last longer than that but the girls are usually pretty good for the first 1/2 hour or so.  It will be a great help to have her watch them and keep them from interrupting lessons and getting into trouble!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: