Sunday, November 09, 2014

Not too much to report for this past week but thought I'd go ahead and post, anyway.  We ended up babysitting the neighbor boys (the girls' friend, Jason, and his little brother) on Monday.  The girls were taking a nap when they got here and they slept longer than anticipated, especially Avery (I guess they were still catching up from the busy weekend), so they didn't get to play with Jason all that long.  He wants them to go play over there on Wed., so they'll be excited for that.

Tuesday was dance class; while they both went in, Avery was on the floor at one point, covered with her blankey, which she was supposed to leave on the side of the floor and not dance with it!  What am I gonna do with that girl?  :P

Wednesday, we all went to the dinosaur museum.  It was actually Jared's first time going there with us.  We all had fun.

Avery had all of her dinosaurs sticking up out of the sand :)
 
 
That afternoon, I went to PetSmart and came out to my car to see this (mine is on the right and was parked there first):
 
I stood there flabbergasted for a couple minutes and thought that I would have climb through the passenger side but then I saw a sweet old lady come out of the store, headed our way. I was very kind and polite and asked if that was her car as she came closer. I told her I couldn't get my door open and that it looks like she came very close to hitting me. She said the sun was in her eyes, blah blah blah (it was to our backs), but I told her not to worry about it. I was really nice and didn't want to make her feel too badly about it but I hope she's more careful from now on! You wonder about some people driving out there!!!  She was able to pull forward, instead of backing up, thank goodness! I was quite nervous as she pulled forward, though!

That night, I asked my family if they wanted sloppy joes for dinner and Makenna started rocking back and forth on the couch and said, "It's a holiday! It's a holiday!" Ha ha! That's probably because we had sloppy joes at the town Halloween party and she loved it. :D

Oh, and that day (the 5th) was the 3rd anniversary of our temple sealing! :D  Here are some photos to reminisce:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thursday, 11/6: I bought Elf on the Shelf! I am so excited!!! This is gonna be so fuuuuuun! I'm seriously so giddy with anticipation, ha ha! I've anxiously waited for the twins to be old enough to do this. Starting the day after Thanksgiving, y'all are gonna get sick of seeing pics of all the fun stuff our elf is gonna do, ha ha ha!
Friday: I went to the church that morning around 10:30 to do our R.S. craft weekend.  I was there until 3:00!  When I got home, Jared and I did some stuff around the house (even though my back was KILLING ME from sitting in hard chairs working on the crafts for 4 1/2 hours!), then I got the girls packed and ready to go with Jared.  They went up to Hoytsville and stayed at Grandma's house so Jared could help his dad get all the honey from his beehives.  They got 10 gallons!  The girls had a blast "helping" grandma in her yard and feeding cows, etc. on Sat.  And Jared took them to visit a high school buddy that evening.  Meanwhile, I went back to the church for a couple of hours to finish up my crafts that morning, then I went and bought new tennis shoes.  After watching some football by myself in peace (RARE for me, ha ha!), I went to my friends/neighbors' house to watch the LSU game.  Jared and the girls got there at halftime, with the girls smelling like cow poop, ha ha!  They were exhausted by the end of the game so Jared took them home as overtime started.  LSU ended up losing.  Waaaaaaaaaaaah!  It was a super close game the whole time. I HATE losing to Bama!  Blech!!!!


Today was just another exhausting Sunday, with choir practice this morning and a taking care of nursery kids.  The girls went right to sleep tonight--go figure, since they only had a short nap yesterday after playing all day at Grandma's, staying up 3 1/2 hours past their bedtime last night, and not getting a nap today!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: