LONG POST! Sorry I haven't posted in a few weeks!
9/9: My SIL, Stephanie, is in town and stayed the night at our house with her two boys Monday night. After the twins' dance class Tuesday morning, we all went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point and had a great time. There was one whole section that we hadn't been to before and I was amazed at all the cool stuff in the Kidopolis part! We brought lunch and went outside and ate on the picnic tables out by the parking lot. It was getting pretty chilly and it started to barely sprinkle, so we ate quickly and went back in to play. It was such a fun day!
{There are lots of photos, even after I narrowed it down a lot, so I made a slideshow. Please let me know if you can't view it!}
9/12: Jared and I took the girls to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point:
A snack on the wagon ride:
Avery feeding Banjo--they remembered his name from last time!:
Crying for blankie on the pony ride--she was ready to go by this point!:
Jared went up to his hometown to do some work on our property up there later that day, after going to Farm Country. The twins and I left the next morning (9/13) and drove up there and the girls had so much fun playing with cousins--my SIL, Steph, was still in town and another SIL came and stayed there, as well. Jared and I went to his 20th year high school reunion that night while the girls stayed and played with the four cousins there, plus Grandma and Aunt Laura (Steph had her 10th year reunion that night, as well). After breakfast the next morning, Jared left on a trip and I let the girls play a little more with their cousins, then we came home and vegged the rest of the day. I got home just in time to see the Saints lose their game in the last few seconds. Bummer! Didn't help my mood from being so exhausted, ha ha. The girls slept in the car the whole way home, so they didn't take a nap but I put them to bed really early last night, ha ha!
9/15: I'm exhausted! I just can't seem to get a good night's sleep the past few nights, even more so than usual. The girls made it hard from Thurs. to Sat. night, then my cat did last night. It all started Thursday night when Makenna got into my bed at some point, then fell off the bed and bawled at around 3:30, waking Avery up, who then came in my bed and tossed and turn like she always does, then she had to get up and pee. Fri. night wasn't much better and Sat. night was eve...n worse. We stayed at my MIL's house and Avery woke up around 2am crying because her leg hurt (that's pretty normal for her because she walks on her toes a lot); Jared ended up sleeping on the floor with Makenna and he put Avery in bed with me but she literally tossed and turned (more like flung herself all over the bed and back) for over 3 hours, then the girls got up a couple of hours after that. I was dragging all day and had to drink a Mountain Dew and sing my heart out on my hour-long drive home.
9/15: Anyone have a kid who walked on his/her toes a lot when they were little? Avery is still doing it quite a bit. The dr. had told me a while back not to worry about it, that she will probably outgrow it by the age of 5. However, she gets knots in her calves and leg and foot cramps, which wake her up at night sometimes. Of course, my research online brings up everything from what my dr. said to kids having to get surgery done, etc. Ack!
Avery just seems to be in pain a lot, poor thing. She is always asking me to massage her leg and foot.. We correct her any time we see her walking on her toes but I'm not sure we always notice and I'm positive that she doesn't even know she's doing it. She walks normally anytime we remind her to. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how it turned out.
9/16: Got up this morning, showered and washed my hair and dried it, got myself and the girls ready, rushed out the door for dance class and... the car wouldn't start. Crap! The girls had left one of their doors open just a bit after getting home on Sunday. After calling Jared, I hooked up his battery charger to it and it is now charged enough to start so I guess we'll just go to the museum to play for a while today.
We went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity first, then the Dinosaur Museum:
9/16: Well, I would have let the girls play longer at the dinosaur museum but Makenna had a little accident. Nothing like dealing with poo-poo panties in a public restroom (while gagging the whole time) and making your kid go commando on the ride home. I don't think she's ever had that kind of accident, so she must have been having a lot of fun digging for fossils and didn't realize she needed to go until it was too late.
It was a fun day while it lasted. Now, hopefully, they'll stay awake during Frozen, since they skipped their nap, so I can put them to bed early!
9/16: The girls asked me for bananas and they both promised me they'd each eat a whole banana. Makenna just came and asked me for another snack so I asked her if she finished the banana. She said, "Yes. But don't go look, OK?" Bwahaha! Little devil!
9/20: Yesterday, I picked a pumpkin from our garden that is 14" tall, 39" around, and 22.4 lbs. It's beautiful!
9/21: The girls have started fighting naps a little bit the past week or so. Last week, I told them they didn't have to nap but they did have to stay in their room for a bit for quiet time. They just read books and played quietly together, the little cuties:
And this is from 9/23:
9/23: I'm not sure what Makenna did but I just heard Avery say, "You made me the happiest Avery in the whole house!"
9/25: I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was hilarious (yes, I'm a little warped) so I had to make a set of zombie Siamese twins for myself. Now I need to get all of my other Halloween decorations out!
9/25: I had a dr. appt. that morning and the girls got to go play with Jason next door, then we all got our haircut at the other next-door-neighbor's, then we went shopping.
9/25: My girls are over 3 1/2 and they just got their first haircut today--they didn't really start getting hair until they were over 1 1/2). Both had actually grown out pretty evenly, I just wanted it trimmed up a tiny bit. I wasn't sure if they were gonna let Jessica cut it, because they always protested greatly any time we even mentioned it, and were saying they didn't want to do it even up until we went to the appt. Jessica bribed them with a treat and I had bribed them with... a new toy and they both did such a good job! Makenna went first and was pretty reluctant at first but she was so happy once it was done and she saw that it wasn't bad at all. She kept asking me the rest of the day if I liked her haircut (and she kept telling me my haircut looked beautiful :)). Once Avery saw that Makenna liked hers, she got right up there with no fuss at all. They both sat really still and were so good. And they loved the little bun that Jessica put on both of them. They picked out My Little Ponies as their prize. So glad, btw, to have a next-door-neighbor with a salon in her house!
Makenna before:
Makenna during:
Makenna after:
Avery before:
Avery during:
Avery during--Jessica let each of them spray the mirror with the water bottle as she fixed their hair:
Avery after:
They picked out My Little Ponies for being such good girls during their 1st haircuts:
9/26: I took the girls to the aquarium:
Jared got home from an almost 2-week trip really that night. We just vegged yesterday and went to church today. We have some fun things planned in the next week. :)
































0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment