9/1: Makenna just asked for a banana but they were no longer in the kitchen. Apparently, Avery did this at some point this morning. She peeled and ate just a couple of bites of 4 or 5 bananas and wrapped them up in a kitchen towel. She said it was my banana present. Uh, thanks? I'm not even sure where she had been hiding them!
9/4: A visit to the aquarium:
![]() |
| The rope bridge |
![]() |
| The penguins |
![]() |
| Touching the starfish |
![]() |
| Feeling a nurse shark |
![]() |
| Touching a stingray |
9/5: The twins just painted their own fingernails while I was showering and Jared was napping. Amazingly, they didn't get it anywhere but on their fingers! {This was while I was trying to get ready to go for a road trip.}
9/5: Kiki, Amiee, Jamie, and I (Jamie just came along for the ride) left that afternoon and drove the 4 hours up to Twin Falls, ID to attend the viewing that night and the funeral the next morning (we stayed in a hotel using some of Jared's rewards points) of a dear friend's mom, Lorna Holloway. Kiki, Amiee, Chani (Lorna's daughter), and I spent a LOT of time together when I was a senior in high school back in Louisiana. Too bad we didn't move there until I was a senior, so I only had one year to hang out with them as much as we did before I went to college. But I have so many awesome memories of being at the Holloway home. Lorna was truly an amazing woman--an extremely talented artist who was loving, compassionate, fun, giving, spiritual, faithful, and so much more. After the viewing Friday night, they invited us to go hang out at their house for a bit with all of Lorna's kids and their spouses and her husband, Chuck. It was so much fun hanging out with them. I love them so much! The funeral service the next morning was beautiful. Her sister gave a really touching and funny life sketch and a man beautifully sang "How Great Thou Art", which had just about everyone crying. We decided to go to the grave site but weren't able to attend the luncheon, even though Chuck really wanted us to, because Amiee had to get home. It was a nice trip, even though I wish it hadn't been for the reason it was. Lorna is now free from all the pain and suffering, not to mention the stress, that the cancer caused for the past 7 years, but everyone who knew her will miss her dearly. She will always be in our hearts!
Here's a pic of us four friends! :) {Me, Amiee, Chani, Kiki}
LSU beat Sam Houston State 56-0 last night. Obviously, it wasn't an incredibly exciting game, and next week's game will probably be about the same. It will be 2 weeks before we play an SEC team--that's when the season starts to get really good! Geaux Tigers!










1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Fun to see the pics from the museum, we had so much fun! And the girls haircut! Such sweethearts.
-Steph
Post a Comment