Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring is in the air, FINALLY!


Sat., 3/29, Kiki and her fam and Timmy came over for a BBQ.  The girls sure love playing with cousins, aunts, and uncles!
 photo IMG_4644_zps402231c1.jpg

I took the girls to a gospel choir concert on Sunday night, 3/30, in Salt Lake (my friend from back home who lives in Huntsville, Amiee, sang in it). Makenna loved it. Avery refused to sit in a chair by herself because it was the kind where the bottom goes up and down. She was either in my lap or standing next to me the whole time. Funny girl! She also thought the music was too loud, ha ha.  

Anyway, here's how my day went before the concert: Got up, fed the girls and got ready for choir practice (I did everything to get myself ready for church except put on a dress--we practice at the choir director's house, so we don't have to wear church clothes), went to practice, came straight home and dressed the girls and did their hair then fed them lunch and changed my clothes, went to church (was exhausted after nursery), came home and had only an hour to feed the girls again and re-do my make-up and change for the concert.  It was really late when we got home, at least 9:30pm, and I was EXHAUSTED!
 photo _MG_3903a_zps894e4da4.jpg

Jared got home on Thursday, 4/3, and we had a nephew born in Georgia!  We sure wish we could see him in person!  We went to Jared's mission reunion Friday night then just relaxed all last weekend, with it being General Conference.  Besides conference, I also watched all the final four and championship basketball games, as well as some LSU baseball games.

We had an interview with our adoption counselor on Wed., 4/9, then went next door to DI and shopped for a bit for play clothes for the twins.  That evening, we went and shopped at Costco for the first time.  Wow, it's easy to drop a quick $200 there!  And, of course, we had to get hot dogs, pizza, and fro-yo on our way out.

Oh, here's the email I received on 4/4 about the Boston Pops audition: "After reviewing the program they are putting together for us in Boston, the Pops creative team felt they could accommodate 3 musicians during our concert. They have selected the following musicians to perform a piece with the Boston Pops: Tracy Rowe Adam Thompson Carrie Froyd Congratulations to our selected performers, and thank you to all who auditioned – we are beyond impressed by the auditions we received"  My friend Brandon said, "It was because of the LSU shirt. Haters gon' hate."  Ha ha!  I'm pretty bummed and it was a huge blow to my ego--but, even more, I was looking forward to playing in such a great musical setting, as it has been a while since I've REALLY played the instruments I majored in and I'll probably never get the chance again. Maybe they just didn't have a song in their program that utilized marimba. That's what I'm choosing to believe. That and they're LSU haters!  :P

Here are a few FB posts from the past couple of weeks:

3/28: Kiki posted this funny for me on my wall:  "Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues."  Ha ha ha!  So true!

4/2:
My cat ate part of a leaf of one of my houseplants then puked on the kitchen floor (thankfully not on carpet); it was really only liquid and chewed up leaf but I still gagged and puked in my mouth while mopping it up. I'm such a wuss, ha ha! [P.S. Avery was the one that pointed out the puke to me.  She's came running up to me and was like, "Mommy!  Mommy!  There's something on the floor!  Eeeew!" She is hilarious!]

4/2:
Watching the snow fall. Happy Spring??


4/6:  Major "The Walking Dead" withdrawals!!! 6 more months...
 

4/6: When I was brushing Avery's teeth tonight, she asked, "What's that in my hair?? It's kind of like circles." I said, "That's called curls! You have beautiful curly hair!" Silly girl just now noticing that she has curly hair?!

4/8: FINALLY a warm, gorgeous day! The twins and I enjoyed a couple of hours at the park with friends. So nice!!

4/8: It's quite unnerving when someone your  exact age, who you've known your whole life, passes away unexpectedly. I prayed when my mom first told me about his wreck and was very saddened to hear the news Sunday morning that he didn't make it. My thoughts and prayers are with the Perk family. I will always remember Richard as my first "boyfriend" when we were 4 and I remember going around telling everyone we were getting married. I also remember having lots of phone conversations as teens. I love his mom and his family, and we share cousins, so I really wish I could be there for the funeral! Praying for peace and comfort for all of his family and friends, especially his two kids. RIP, Richard.
[His mom and my aunt by marriage (to my dad's brother) are sisters. Their parents helped convert my parents, so their kids all grew up in the church, but all of them are inactive, including Richard. *:( sad]

4/9: I was laughing to the point of tears when I realized how Jared rearranged my "EASTER" letters decoration! Yes, he IS a teaser!


4/11: My kids crack me up! Last night, on the way home from an adoption panel, Avery was singing Katy Perry's "Roar". She loves that song. Total cuteness. Today, when I went to change Makenna's poopy diaper, I told her, "If you don't start pooping and peeing in the potty soon, I'm gonna lose my mind!" She said, "Okay! Then you won't talk?" HA HA HA!!!

The twins had a ball at a neighbor's party Fri. night, 4/11! Jared had to go down the slide with Makenna first, then he forced Avery to go down with him; after that, they wanted to keep going on it over and over and over by themselves. Then, Makenna wanted to get on the mechanical bull but she wasn't so thrilled when it actually started moving, ha ha! We put Avery on it but didn't actually have the guy start it. She was NOT happy to get on! So they went back on the slide. They were so upset when we left the party, ha ha! I told them the party was almost over (little white lie) and Avery was bawling in such a pathetic way, "But the music is still on!" It was kind of funny.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Makenna this morning: "Can you get up? I'm hungry. I'm gonna starve!" Drama queen!  Ha ha!

It has been a very nice week here, as far as weather goes, and the girls have gone outside to play every day but it rained last night and has been sprinkling on and off all day today and the temps dropped to the upper 40's; they were expecting to go outside this morning and were very disappointed when I said they couldn't.  Hope the weather gets back to gorgeous tomorrow!  Happy Spring, y'all!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: