We've had a wonderful Easter weekend but, first, a few tidbits about last week:
4/14: Makenna
is walking around with a little box on her head and muttering in a low
voice, "I'm a zombieeeee. I'm a zombieeee." Bwahaha! [The previous day, Jared showed her one of those apps that "zombifies" you using a picture of her plus he has taught her before how to walk and sound like a zombie.]
Also 4/14: Enjoying the sunshine in our front yard and creating art on the sidewalk:
And Jared put some of the stickers on their faces:
4/17: The girls were SO GOOD in their portrait session today! Avery was actually being quite goofy. It's so awesome that they are old enough to actually do cute little poses for the camera. BTW, we got these done at Camera Shy in Lehi and we loved it! They have so many backdrops and props and it's set up in a way that you can rotate between backdrops very quickly. And you get the photo session plus all your pics on a CD for $90. I really love so many of these. I had 100 to choose from and could only narrow it down to 48 to post here (I'll post the 18 non-Easter ones later).
I spent most of the day Friday, after doing my visiting teaching, cooking and cleaning, preparing for our Easter feast, which we did on Sat. evening because Jared had to leave for a trip before church today. On Sat., Grandma came over and we went to our neighborhood Easter egg hunt and the girls had a blast:
Couldn't wait 'til we got home to dig into the candy--had to plop down on the neighbor's yard and try a couple of things:
That evening, we had Grandma and Kiki's family over for a big Easter dinner. Here are the cute (if I do say so myself) cupcakes I made:
First, we let the kids do (another) egg hunt in the backyard:
Sampling more candy (which is why they didn't touch their dinner):
Carma:
We had tons of food--Kiki brought the turkey, stuffing, and homemade rolls (but my oven burnt the bottoms because I forgot to put the oven on convection, instead of just bake); I made the home-made mashed potatoes, artichoke casserole, sweet potato souffle (Kiki was geeking out over this, it was so yummy!), and cupcakes:
We sent the kids out on the deck for the cupcakes, thank goodness, because they made a HUGE mess with them! The table to covered in cupcake crumbs when they were done.
Wyatt:
The girls had a blast playing outside with their cousins. Makenna especially has fun running around with Wyatt. :)
And that brings us to today. The girls didn't wake up remembering that the Easter Bunny had come, so we kind of just relaxed for a bit, then I got the girls dressed, after which we reminded them what day it was and had them go search for their baskets. One was in the front room, under that end table:
The other one was in the coat closet in the hallway:
The girls got to take a really long bath in my tub while I showered and got ready for choir practice. I did their hair and we got them dressed before I went to choir practice. Jared stayed with them, then I went home and picked them up for church in the few minutes between practice and sacrament meeting. Jared left on a trip just after we left for church.
Makenna gave the theme in Primary and she did AWESOME! We had worked on it this past week and she had it memorized ("The family is central to God's plan"). I didn't have to prompt her at all, she just got up to the mic and said it clearly and loudly (but not too loud). I was so proud!
We just came home and played after church. You'd think the girls would be exhausted and go to bed early on Sundays, since they don't get their usual nap, but they just kept putting off bedtime, then didn't go to sleep right away when I finally did get them in bed! I am exhausted and will hit the hay as soon as I post this. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I wish we could all be together for holidays.






























































1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Awwww, I love the portraits you had taken!!! The back to back ones are just magazine ready. Sooo cute!
Love ya,
Steph
Post a Comment