Not too much has happened since Halloween, other than just hanging out here at the house. On Friday, I had a couple of friends and their kids who aren't yet in school over for lunch to help me eat some of the left-over chili from Halloween the previous night. The girls had fun playing with the other kids. Funny story: While those kids were over here, one of the boys got down the Cootie game and the girls were playing with it so, of course, a couple of the tiny pieces were misplaced and I drove myself crazy looking for them. I found them the next day under the couch, along with a bunch of stinkin' candy bar wrappers and other trash! Jared is such a stinker! He said, "Wait until you find some of my other hiding places." Good thing he's out of town. :)
I took all of the Halloween decorations down yesterday and the girls miss them. They were so sad when they woke up from their nap and the big spider and all the ghosts and skeletons were gone. Funny, since they were scared of it all at first, ha ha.
Our new thing thing is for the girls to run around the kitchen island while I hide in the pantry and jump out and scare them as the come around the corner. I got this video yesterday. About 50 seconds in, Avery gets mad at Makenna for pushing her. It's pretty funny. I showed it to them and Avery was laughing so hard and wanted to watch it over and over again. I had tears in my eyes from laughing.
After their little "fight", they got right back to running around:
After bathtime last night, I got Avery dressed first, then I was getting Makenna dressed and I yelled and asked Avery what she was doing and she came in and said, "I'm watching football!" and ran back to the living room (I had left a football game going on the TV). About a minute later, she came in and said, "Give me five, Mommy!" and ran back out after I did so. As I put her in bed and left the room, she threw a fit saying, "I want to watch football! I want to watch football!" This makes me smile.
It snowed just a tiny bit this morning before church (didn't stick and stopped before we left for church). The first thing the girls said was, "We need our jackets!" And Avery wrapped her arms around herself and said she was cold. Drama queen.
Makenna put Elmo in time out this afternoon. Meanwhile, Avery yelled, out of the blue, "Surprise!! Happy Birthday!!!" So random.
I took all of the Halloween decorations down yesterday and the girls miss them. They were so sad when they woke up from their nap and the big spider and all the ghosts and skeletons were gone. Funny, since they were scared of it all at first, ha ha.
Our new thing thing is for the girls to run around the kitchen island while I hide in the pantry and jump out and scare them as the come around the corner. I got this video yesterday. About 50 seconds in, Avery gets mad at Makenna for pushing her. It's pretty funny. I showed it to them and Avery was laughing so hard and wanted to watch it over and over again. I had tears in my eyes from laughing.
After their little "fight", they got right back to running around:
After bathtime last night, I got Avery dressed first, then I was getting Makenna dressed and I yelled and asked Avery what she was doing and she came in and said, "I'm watching football!" and ran back to the living room (I had left a football game going on the TV). About a minute later, she came in and said, "Give me five, Mommy!" and ran back out after I did so. As I put her in bed and left the room, she threw a fit saying, "I want to watch football! I want to watch football!" This makes me smile.
It snowed just a tiny bit this morning before church (didn't stick and stopped before we left for church). The first thing the girls said was, "We need our jackets!" And Avery wrapped her arms around herself and said she was cold. Drama queen.
Makenna put Elmo in time out this afternoon. Meanwhile, Avery yelled, out of the blue, "Surprise!! Happy Birthday!!!" So random.
This morning before church, Elmo wasn't feeling well, so Makenna wrapped him up in Avery's blankie and they were giving him medicine:
Makenna fell and hit her head on the stove right before bedtime tonight and has a huge bump on her head so Avery wanted to sleep with her to help her feel better. So sweet but it didn't last long. They would chat and laugh for a bit and I'd go in or tell them over the video camera to go to sleep or they'd fight and cry over a blanket or Makenna would tease Avery, etc. At one point, Makenna actually asked for medicine for her head, so I went in and gave her some Ibuprofin. After just a few minutes, I had to go in there again for the 50th time and I'd had enough so I put Avery back in her bed and she threw a HUGE fit for several minutes, saying, "Makenna's bed!!!" over and over and over and over... She finally gave up and went to sleep, though.
So that's it for now. The time changed last night and I already hate it. The girls are gonna start waking up earlier now so I have to train myself to go to bed at a decent time. It shouldn't be a problem right at first, because it feels later than it is and I'm already tired and it's only midnight, but, as I adjust to the time change, it will be harder to make myself go to bed at a decent time to get at least 6 hours of sleep.
I think I'll try to go to bed now. Might as well start out on the right foot! Love ya!!




1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Such a sweet post to see how sweet and silly those girls are. Of course Jared would torment you like that before leaving. Love ya. Steph
Post a Comment