[FB posts in white.]
I gave potty training another try on Monday, 11/4. Here's a couple of FB posts from that day:
(9:30am) Potty training take 2. I've already wiped pee off the kitchen floor and neither of them has gone on the potty yet. *sigh*
(11:30am) I am
going to lose my freaking mind! I had made Makenna sit on the potty for a
long time and nothing happened so I let her get off. I asked her every
couple of minutes if she needed to pee and she was standing on the couch
and just stood there and started peeing! I told her to sit down so it
wouldn't get everywhere but, instead, she ran across the couch, still
peeing, so there's literally pee on every
single cushion. There's a big puddle on one cushion, then a trail of
pee across the middle one, and another big puddle at the other end of
the couch where she ended up. Not even a minute later, Avery peed in her
panties, too. Is this worth it? Or should I just let them stay in their
diapers? I'm so frustrated. Thank goodness I have a carpet/upholstery
cleaner!
After a lot of feedback from friends, I decided they still aren't ready and it's not worth the fight to try to make them do it before they really want to. They just don't care to be out of diapers yet and I don't want it to be a completely miserable experience for all three of us. Plus, it doesn't help to try to do it when Jared is out of town. So, I'm gonna hold out until it's their idea to use the potty.
11/5: I
asked Avery what Mommy's real name is and she said, "Abracadabra!" Not
sure where that came from. Then I asked her what her daddy's name is and
she said, "He's a boy." Makenna knew the right answers, by the way, so
at least one of them knows the correct answers.
Avery thought she was pretty funny. :)
11/6: We went to Mommy & Me Story Time at the library that mid-morning.
Calgon, take me away! The twins woke up from their nap SO GRUMPY!!!! Crying over everything!
And that was after my relaxing weekly massage. *sigh*
11/7: Who
else has seen "Room on the Broom"? My girls call it the witch show. We
have probably seen it over 25 times since last Wed. Thankfully, it only
takes 20 min. to watch. Makenna would watch it 20 times a day if I let
her. It's a really cute cartoon but I don't know how many more times I
can watch it!
I bought our tickets to Louisiana for Christmas! Yay! I can't wait!
11/8: I
love when Avery enters a room and says, "Hello, everybody!", even though
it's just me and Makenna, haha! She is so cute and funny.
On
the flip side, I want to scream when Makenna asks for something over and
over and over again like just now with "Witch show, witch show, witch
show!" about 50 times before I was able to turn it on. Aaaaargh! Good
thing she is also cute and funny most of the time.
That evening after the girls woke up from their nap, we picked up Ashleigh (one of my former Young Women in Louisiana) from BYU and she spent the weekend with us. I made her a home-cooked meal of garlic butter tilapia, baked potatoes, and garlic sauteed squash (frozen, from our garden). After the girls went to bed, we watched a movie.
Here's a HILARIOUS video of me giving the girls some Warheads candies. If you've never had them, they are hard candies that have a really sour coating on them. The idea is that you suck on the really sour part for 5 to 10 seconds, then you get to enjoy the sweet hard candy. This is what happened when I let the girls try one; it was pretty mean of me--they were so excited to be getting candy:
11/9: I got ready to have a football party that night. I cleaned, shopped, cooked, and cleaned (trying to keep a house clean with kids is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing). Our neighbors, who are big LSU fans (the husband grew up in Louisiana) came over, as well as Kiki and her family and Timmy. I made shrimp and corn soup and bread pudding, which were so good, if I do say so myself, ha ha! Kiki made ribs and baked potatoes. It was all so good and we had a great time, even though LSU lost (which was expected, since we were #13 and Bama is #1). We were chatting so much that it saved me from watching most of the awfulness of the game. It sure SUCKED to lose to Bama again!!!!!!!
Ashleigh came to church with us today and stayed in nursery with us. The girls were really good today, except for just a few minutes that Avery was being ornery. After we came home and ate lunch, we took Ashleigh back to her dorm. The girls fell asleep in the car but I was able to get them back into bed, where they finished their nap, thankfully! I was still so wiped out from yesterday and from staying up talking with Ashleigh until 1am after everyone left last night. It was worth it, though. :)
P.S. The 5th marked 2 years since the girls were sealed to us. Crazy, huh?
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Already a third through November!
Posted by Dana Marie at 11:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment