Tuesday, June 25, 2013

End of May to June 5

[Facebook posts are in yellow]

Holy smokes, I have so much to post from the last month!  There are so many pics and stories I want to share, and I have a hard time weeding out pics I love, so I think I'll have to split this up into a few days.  I'll go ahead and post what I get to today, then come back and add more in a day or so.

Going back to where I last left off, May 24--Girls Night Out Karaoke! Woohoooo!  I went with Kiki and some of our friends (Jamie, Jenny, Becca, and Ashley) to our fave karaoke place and had a great Girls Night Out.  :)  Jared took the girls up to his mom's house and spent the night and I met them there the next morning.

May 25--We spent the day with Grandma and Uncle Jason.  We went and looked at some stuff in our barn and the girls got on the horses on our property:

Makenna loved getting on the riding lawnmower in our barn
Avery feeding one of the ponies a rock, ha ha!
These horses and ponies are on our property; they aren't ours-someone leases the property from us
Avery and Uncle Jason
A "ride" on a horsey

May 27--What a beautiful Memorial Day! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! And I wish my hubby a very happy birthday! We'll be having a weenie roast with s'mores and triple layer Oreo pie this evening to celebrate. :)

Tim, Carma and Kiki roasting weenies in our fire pit
Mmmmm, hot dogs!  (Makenna)
 

Carma, Avery, and Tim playing on the picnic/water table
S'MORES!
"Helping" Daddy blow out the candles on his Oreo pie
Fun with sparklers
 
Michael and Judson shooting Roman candles
Almost 13--"too old" for a lot of things but not sparklers.  :)
May 28--I just asked Avery if she wants ketchup on her eggs and she said, "Yes, no problem!" I have no idea where she got that, ha ha.

May 29--Avery woke up this morning with just a little bit of goop in her eye. It just keeps getting worse as the day goes on. 

Saw this rainbow as we were leaving Walgreens (got a prescription for Avery's pink eye). I hope it will bring us good luck that the rest of us won't get pink eye and that Avery's will go away quickly!

Hubby picked these pretty flowers for me from our yard today. They smell divine.

Can someone please tell me how I'm supposed to administer eye drops to a 2- year-old by myself? This should be fun!

May 30--Wow, those eye drops work wonders! Avery's eye already looks much, much better. And so far so good on the rest of us not getting pink eye. 

So much better this morning!
 
Chloe

June 1--Having fun playing in the back yard today, especially in the dirt, Cleo relaxing in the shade, and the first red strawberry of the season.

June 3--I was working on a project a few minutes ago when Avery came and tried to get in my lap. I asked her to wait a minute because I didn't want to mess up. She said, "It's OK, Mommy, we'll fix it!" And just now, a song, "The Number Siete Rumba", came on Sesame Street and Makenna asked, "What's Chicky Boomba?!" I'm sure it was funnier to hear her say it. 

June 4--I was cooking some grits in the microwave and it boiled over and I was like, "Oh no"!! Avery came up and said, "It's OK, Mommy! We clean it!" How sweet is that?? 


Just chilling out on the interstate in Lehi. Ugh!
40+ min. and still just sitting here on I-15. All we want to do is get to Grandma's to play with cousins who are in town.

 So, the drive to Grandma's house was well worth it. The girls and I had so much fun playing with several of their cousins, aunts, an uncle, grandma, and grandpa. Oh, apparently, the interstate was shut down for over 45 min. because "A motorcyclist was in critical condition Tuesday after he was hit from behind by a car on Interstate 15 near Lehi, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. The man on the motorcycle was knocked to the pavement by the 1:20 p.m. collision. He was wearing a helmet but suffered critical injuries." A helicopter had to land to transport him to the hospital. I hope he's OK!

Once we finally got to Grandma's, the girls and I had a blast playing with cousins, aunts, Grandma and Jason:
Playing in the sandbox
Swinging on the tire swing
Swinging on the rope swing with Uncle Jason
Going to see the cows behind Grandma's house
 
 June 5--We all went on a hayride up in the mountains in Jared's grandpa's property and had a picnic up there.  It was so much fun and we saw some truly beautiful scenery!  Jared didn't ride on the hayride but he did drive his truck up there and met us up at the picnic spot.
 
 
 
The girls and Aunt Stephanie
Avery gathering wood once we got to our picnic spot, ha ha
Our picnic spot
Fun playing with cousins
Just a cute shot  :)
Cuddling with Uncle Jason
 

I guess that will be all for now, since this is getting long. Tons more family stuff to post, though!!!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: