Friday, May 24, 2013

May (most of)

Jared reminded me that I haven't posted anything all month, so I figured I'd go ahead and do that, even though there are only a few days left in the month. 

April 29:
I tried to get Makenna to drink the rest of her milk that she asked for (don't you just love when they ask for seconds, then don't eat/drink it?). She held the cup up to me and said, "Drink it! It's like candy!" Ha ha ha!

I heard Avery saying, "Stickers, Mommy!" I turned to see what she was talking about as she was putting postage stamps (that she got out of my desk drawer) onto my computer chair. Ooops, ha ha!

Avery pouting about not getting more crackers after lunch. She started laughing after I took these pics, ha ha!

Photo

Jared was gone from May 1st until the 19th.  He drove all night and got home at 1:30am Sunday morning, so he was able to come with us to church, but left after sacrament meeting to go get some sleep.  Here are some things we did while he was gone:

We planted our garden on 4/28 and got snow on May1. FIGURES!  We lost a lot of plants and had to re-plant this week after Jared got back.

May 1:
Are you kidding me that it's snowing right now (in May) when we just planted our garden this weekend??? Aaaaaaargh!!!

May 2:
I asked Makenna what she wants for dinner and she said, "Goldfish and cookies!" Wishful thinking.

This is rhubarb from our garden. Avery thought it was brocolli and decided to take a bite HA HA! She quickly spit it out. 

May 4:
Mommy's little helper.

My brother, Tim's, birthday was May 4th and we went to Kiki's house for a BBQ.  The girls had so much fun playing with their cousins, writing on the sidewalk with chalk, and eating yummy food--especially the triple-layer Oreo pies I made.
 
 
The birthday boy and the twins


May 5:
From the video monitor--they've been in bed for over an hour now!  

Playing in the backyard:

May 6:
Avery put on all of that dress-up stuff by herself--pumpkin costume shoes, fairy wings, a blue lei, and an Abby hair headband. Too funny!
Also, a fun bubble bath in the jetted tub and cuddling together on the couch, watching Sesame Street:
 
 

May 7:
Some pre-lunch outside playtime on their "new" bikes (thrift store find).
Makenna doing some rock climbing in our front yard landscaping.

Are ramen noodles healthy if you add peas to them? The girls are eating it up!

Avery asked for more peas so I started pouring some straight from the can, since they had already eaten what I heated up. She wanted the can, then proceeded to eat straight from it.

Makenna had to take a turn, too, then I had to keep passing it back and forth. They pretty much ate the whole can!

May 8:
Working together to build a "castle". Makenna just said, "Avery's doing a great job!" I love when they play well together. So heartwarming.

 May 9:
When I told the girls we were going to the park, Avery said, "Wanna go to the park, blankie?" She also asked Makenna, ha ha! Great day for the park btw!

On May 9, we went shopping, then to the park.  That night, I went to an adoption panel and got a friend from Louisiana to watch the girls.  They had a great time with her and the panel was great--a group of adopted kids, teens, and young adults answered questions about being adopted.

May 10:
Yay! I put out a hummingbird feeder the other day and we just got our first hummingbird. So happy!

Avery in one of her laughing fits.

Makenna sporting a pair of my shoes while pushing a baby doll in a stroller. Such a girl!

On May 11, we went to a little graduation party for a girl that was one of the young women I took to camp a few times when I was camp director in Orem.  She's like 27 now, which makes me feel so old!  Grandma and Jason came over for a bit that afternoon, too, and we played outside until the girls went down for a nap.

May 12--Mother's Day.  For the first time, the girls made Mother's Day cards for me in nursery.  They were really cute!  Nothing else really special that day.  I had to get the girls to church by myself and we spent the rest of the day at home.  I wrote this on FB:  "For so many years, I hated Mother's Day. Now, all I could do all day is remember how lucky and blessed I am to be a mom to two beautiful, sweet, smart, funny girls who bring unimaginable joy to me every day. Who would have ever thought that I would be privileged enough to be the mom of twins?! However, I also can't help but think of my dear friends who long to be mothers but aren't yet. I know what you're feeling and I'm thinking of you. You just never know when and how the Lord will bless you! I am also feeling thankful to all of you wonderful mothers who are such great examples to me--especially my mom, MIL, sisters, and SILs."

May 13:
The kind of thing that makes me smile before going to bed. Just thinking of Makenna carrying the plastic deer up the stairs, then putting it on the bike and pushing it around, then adding the big stuffed dog on top of it.
Photo: The kind of thing that makes me smile before going to bed. Just thinking of Makenna carrying the plastic deer up the stairs, then putting it on the bike and pushing it around, then adding the big stuffed dog on top of it.
May 15:
Makenna loves this creepy deer (with fawn) and likes to ride it. She's been carrying it around a LOT lately. We asked her what their names are and she came up with Coocoo (mom) and Gooby (baby) all by herself. What? Ha ha! That girl cracks me up!

Laughing so hard! We're outside and I was just showing Makenna a ladybug when it suddenly flew and landed on her shirt and climbed up to her shoulder. She was freaking out ha ha! Avery wouldn't even come near it in the first place, saying, "I don't like it!"

May 18:
Makenna just burped and said, "Excuse me! My mouth is tooting!" BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Aw crap, I have just been "randomly selected as a prospective juror" from 7/1 to 9/30.

Goings-on after Jared got home:

May 20:
Had a nice, delicious dinner out at The Cheesecake Factory with Jared's boss/friend from Louisiana until Makenna threw up in the restaurant; not sure if it was from coughing or too much ice cream and whipped cream. She was just fine afterward. It was a smelly ride home, though, ha ha!

May 22--playing with water and toys out on the deck:


We had a weenie roast and s'mores tonight (May 23):
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bathtime to get the smoke smell and marshmallow out of their hair.
Photo

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: