Thursday, March 28, 2013

March Madness (Crittenden style)

Loooong post, sorry!

I babysat Wyatt on 3/7 and the girls had fun playing with him.  At one point, they both decided to lie down on the floor to watch TV, just like he did, ha ha:

 We bought a new desk for my scrapbook room--still need to take and post pictures of it.  Jared cut the legs off my old desk and painted it white and the top of it with purple chalkboard paint.  The girls have loved it.  This was their first time drawing on it (3/11):
 
 
 
Later that day, Avery took a couple of those rings from one of those baby toys and put them on her feet like shoes and was walking around in them.  How do they come up with that stuff??
 
 We had really nice weather the second week of this month, so I took the girls on a few walks and we went to the park once.  Here's one of our strolls around the neighborhood (3/12):
 
 
 Just hanging out at home on 3/12--they were waiting for me to open some little toys (some of those little stretchy, sticky hands) they received in their goody bags from Carma's birthday party:
 
 Carma fell getting of the school bus and fell flat on her face and banged it up pretty bad.  We went to visit her the next day (3/15) and give her a treat and card and we ended up going to the park for lunch and to play for a bit with Kiki, Carma, Wyatt, and Tim:
 
 FIRST TIME ON "BIG GIRL" SWINGS!
 
On 3/19, I got one of the Young Women in our ward to come over and babysit while I went to our Relief Society birthday dinner.  It was nice to hang out with the ladies in my ward.  Jared got home from a trip while I was there.  It was nice to have him home to watch the girls while I played Bunco (it was at my house this month).

On 3/22, Jason came over and we met Jared's cousin, Valerie, and her husband and daughter at the Lehi rec. center to go swimming.  This was the girls' first time in a big pool.  They loved swimming but not going down the big slide:
Is it mean that I crack up big time at this photo?
 
The next day, 3/23, was a very busy day.  I woke up at 5:30 to get ready and left the house just after 6 to bring the girls to Laura's house, where Jason's friend babysat them and their cousins while we all went to the SLC temple, where Jason received his endowments, since he's going on a mission in June.  Jared and Jason left right after me and went straight to the temple.  It was snowing pretty bad here in Lehi, got better in SLC, then bad again in Magna.  It was SO SCARY and my car slid a little bit a few times; it took me twice as long to get to Laura's than it normally does.  I was still feeling really stressed when we got to the temple but that all melted away once we got in there.  It was an awesome experience and we are so proud of Jason.

After the session, we took some pictures of Jason and a few of us:
 
 
 
 
We left the temple and went back to Laura's to pick up the kids, then back to SLC to go out to eat at Chuck-O-Rama with all the family who had gone to the temple (and most of the kids):
As soon as we finished eating, we drove to Heber to go to Grandpa's 86th birthday party.  Here's a 4-generation picture:
 
When we got home, there was still a little bit of snow close to the house and the girls wanted to walk in it when they saw it:



Some FB posts this month:
March 6
I'm babysitting a friend's baby and every time she makes a noise, Makenna asks, "What's that?" I have to keep telling her it's just baby noises. I wonder what she'll do when the baby actually cries, ha ha.
 
March 9
The girls had more sugar today at their cousin's birthday party than they normally do in a whole month and they went down for a nap 2 hours late (and Avery never went to sleep, so she is up playing as Makenna sleeps). It should be an interesting evening. They sure had fun at the party, though! Kiki sure knows how to throw amazing parties!
 
March 10
I can't believe my niece, one of the sweetest little girls I know, turned 8 today. It seems like just yesterday that I witnessed her birth (C-section). What a cutie. Happy birthday, Carma! I love you!!!
 
March 10
My girls and their cousin, Carma. 3 sweet cutie pies.
 
March 10
The girls are dipping pizzadillas and chips in water. Little weirdos! :)
 
March 14
Avery just came to me from the playroom with just a diaper on. Yes, she did have a shirt, pants, and socks on just a minute ago. At least she still has the diaper on, ha ha!
 
March 15
The girls are watching Cinderella for the first time. :)
 
March 16
After shopping with my girls and a walk after their nap, Pizza Hut delivery was deserved for Mommy. The girls like the cheesy bread sticks and "cake" (cinnamon sticks) better than the pizza, ha ha.
 
March 19
Convo at lunch:
A: I have a booger!
M: Here ya go! [hands her a paper towel from her tray]
A: Thanks!
M: Welcome!
Aren't they just so sweet and polite? Well, except for the announcement of the booger, ha ha!
 
March 19
5:30 and the girls are still napping. That's because they had a grand ol' time jumping, singing, laughing, and playing in their cribs for an hour afterI put them down. Little stinkers!
 
March 21
Bunco at my house tonight, woohoo! Second night this week of girl time. Double woohoo!
 
March 23
Driving in the snow on slick roads at 6:30am when I didn't get much sleep is not my idea of fun but the day was well worth it! Lots of awesome time with family. And now you'd barely know that it snowed, except for the little bit that is in our front yard and driveway. It's so cold out, though!
 
 
I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!  I hope to have some pretty pictures of the girls in their new dresses. HAPPY EASTER, Y'ALL!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: