On Sat. (2/9), we went and visited Jared's grandpa and had a nice time hanging out with him and his wife. Once they warmed up, the girls enjoyed playing with and talking to Grandpa and JoAnn:
![]() |
| Avery puts her hands up to her eyes when I ask her to "Say cheese!" No idea why! |
Yesterday (2/11), Avery decided to color a masterpiece on the wall in our staircase while I was fixing lunch. This is the first time that had happened. I'm usually really good about only letting them have a few crayons, then putting them back in the box as soon as they are finished coloring; needless to say, I didn't do that yesterday. Lesson learned. Thankfully, a Magic Eraser got it right off! She was so proud, though, so I couldn't be mad, ha ha!
The girls had their first dental check-up today. They were great in the waiting room but, once the dental asst. called us back, Makenna started to freak out. She's been to the dr. 3 times in the last 3 months and got shots two of those times, so it was understandable. She didn't want to have anything to do with anything the lady was saying or showing us. It took quite a bit of coaxing just for her to touch some of the instruments that the dental asst. was showing us (the mouth mirror, suction thingy, tooth polisher, etc.). She really freaked when the dentist tried to look in her mouth. She freaked so much that he didn't even try to look in Avery's mouth. They both have some minor iron deposits on their teeth, which the dentist said is not attributed to poor oral hygiene (we always brush their teeth) but, rather it's something to do with the Ph levels or bacteria in their mouths; there's not much we can do about it right now, it will go away with time. We'll keep going every 6 months, in the hopes they will get comfortable enough with him to actually let him do a proper exam and cleaning. I don't have high hopes about that any time soon, ha ha!












0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment