Wednesday, October 24, 2012

End of Sept.

Yikes, it's already been a month since I last posted!  I'll just start with the end of Sept., then I'll try to do some of Oct. in the next couple of days.

9/21: Makenna got into a tube of lipstick! It could have been much worse. She actually didn't get any on the couch, only on herself, her onesie, her lovey, and a pillow case. She did have it pretty thick on her fingers and was sucking on them (her normal thing) when I went in the room.

 
 9/22: Impromptu pictures in the backyard before the LSU vs. Auburn game:
 
 
 
 
 
 

The girls' birthmom and her mom came and stayed the night with us on 9/28.  I love them so much and we had such a great visit.  We went to the park:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We also went out for lunch at Beto's, then I went to the Relief Society General Meeting with them.  It was awesome!  I would love to put pics of them here but I'm not sure that they want pics of themselves on here and it's always really late at night when I update this blog, so I've never asked their permission.  If I ever get around to asking them, and they're OK with it, I'll add some pics of them.  The girls had so much fun with them and we're looking forward to another visit soon (hopefully).

Some Facebook posts:
September 26
Still SO stuffed from dinner! Jared grilled up some amazing steaks and zucchini and I made cheesy mashed potatoes. And I still ate a brownie for dessert! It was all so good and we had a nice time with our dinner guests.
 
September 27
What happens when a daddy teases his daughters with the vaccuum hose? He sucks up one of their loveys and it disappears into the central vac black hole! It never came out into the dirt canister. We have no idea where it could have gone! Makenna was NOT happy.
 
September 27
Poor Cleo! (our toy Pom) The girls are chasing her around the basement.
 
September 30
Our Primary program was today. After the first two songs, Makenna was clapping and (very) loudly saying, "Yay!" I was trying to get her to stop but she just did it more. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes but I was trying not to laugh, which made it worse! She also chattered/read a book aloud almost the entire time. She cracks me up!
 
September 30
I am pooped. After church, which is exhausting by itself with the girls, I spent hours making TONS of salsa using the probably 20+ lbs. of tomatoes I had. And I still ended up having ~15 tomatoes left over for me to eat this week and at least 5 lbs. that I gave to a neighbor! I'm sure I will be sad when there are no more homegrown tomatoes but it was overload this week. Then there was the task of cleaning up the disaster in the kitchen and getting the girls to bed. Whew!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: