Monday, April 09, 2012

Easter 2012

Jared worked that morning, so I got the girls and myself up, ready, and to church (early, even!)--and I even took the time to get some shots of them in their dresses before we left!  They were fairly good during sacrament but it did take a lot of work to keep them happy, so I can't say that I hear much of the talks.  It was good to go, anyway.  Here are the pre-church photos:

 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 After Jared got home, we put the dresses back on the girls and took them in the front yard and Jared gave them their Easter baskets.  Avery didn't sit still for more than a minute; Jared had to keep catching her and bringing her back to the basket.  She's such a little explorer!  Makenna sat there the whole time, trying to figure out how she could get into some of that candy she knew was in there. :)
 
 
 I didn't intend for Makenna's flower to be in the center of her head--I like it to be a little off to one side.  But I was trying so hard to get a good picture while Avery was actually sitting there that I didn't notice the position of Makenna's flower.  Oh well.  Still cute. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Right after we got done with taking pictures, Timmy, Nikki, and Kaili (Nikki's roommate) came over.  We hung out for a bit and played Just Dance, then we girls went up and cooked dinner while the twins napped.  I made honey glazed ham, homemade mac & cheese, roasted asparagus, and peanut butter bars.  Nikki made homemade mashed potatoes and brought rolls and drinks.  Everything was really yummy!  But I still missed my mom's cooking.  After dinner, Jared made me play some songs on the marimba and piano, then Tim played on the guitar a bit, then we all went downstairs and played Guitar Hero.  There was also lot of time spent just watching and laughing at the twins. :)  Here are some pics:

[Remember those jeans I made for the girls?  I used the same two pairs of adult jeans and made these skirts (plus 2 pocket purses)! :)  And the fabric bottoms are from fabric left over from a skirts I made for them.]
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was such a fun day but I wish Kiki's family could have come.  Carma had a stomach virus and Kiki and Wyatt both didn't feel well.  :(

It was a great Easter with the girls.  They just keep getting more and more fun. :)

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: