Monday, October 10, 2011

Check-up & Finger foods

The twins had their 9 month check-up on 10/4. Their 9 mo. stats are:
Avery: 27 3/4 in (almost int he 50th percentile), 17 lbs. 5 oz. (almost 25%)
Makenna: 27 3/4 in. (almost 50%), 18 lbs. 8 oz. (almost 50%!).
They are climbing up the charts so fast! :)

I've started giving them more and more finger foods (besides the grain puffs I've been giving them for a while). I started with chopped bananas last week, then shredded cheese, then canned fruit cocktail (cut up into smaller pieces). It's pretty funny watching them try to pick up all the small, slimy pieces. Here they are eating cheese on 10/5:
And here they are chowing down on banana on 10/10--messy faces, slimy hands, total cuteness:
I started putting these bibs on them, that Aunt Michelle and Uncle Jared gave them, and they really help with clean up after they've fed themselves. The girls just love feeding themselves. This is such a fun age and it is such a joy to see them experience and learn so many things. They are the greatest joys in my life.

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: