Monday, October 31, 2011

2nd 1/2 of Oct.





Posted on Facebook on 10/10:

During bedtime stories, Jared read a book with sound effects and Avery was laughing SO hard that it made me laugh to the point of tears. These girls make me so happy. :)
A couple of weeks ago, I started standing Avery up at the couch and their musical table. About a week or so ago, she started pulling herself up. Once she's up, though, she doesn't know how to get down so she stands there and cries. It's kind of funny. I did see her slowly almost do the splits to a sit to get from standing position today, though, ha ha! Here are the girls standing at their musical table on 10/12:
The girls got sick for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Jared had a bad cold that started around the 12th? A day later, Makenna was sick--coughing and chest congestion. She was sick for a few days, then seemed to be better so we went to a cousins' mission homecoming on the 16th. The next day, she and Avery both had the cough and chest congestion. Wednesday morning at 2am, I puked and my stomach felt gross the whole next day. The girls got over their cold but then Avery puked Friday night--poor thing was actually dry heaving. :( She seemed to be fine the next day though and they have been back to normal the past week.

Jared's brother came and saw us on the 15th. A lot of you would be surprised to know that we got Chinese take-out for dinner and that I actually didn't hate the General Tso's chicken I had. I didn't love it and I would never choose Chinese over anything else but I ate it. :)

We had a really nice time hanging out with cousins, aunts, uncles, grandpa at the mission homecoming. And the drive through Provo Canyon was SPECTACULAR! I was really sad that I had forgotten to bring my camera that day (been happening a lot lately).

On 10/26, I bought a used high chair from someone on ksl.com. We already had one high chair that someone had given me and I put Makenna in it that day and Avery was able to use the "new" one on the 27th. Here are the girls sitting in the high chairs together for the first time the morning of the 27th (eating banana pancakes):
Here are some pics of the girls eating baby food lasagna with meatsauce on 10/28--Avery rubbed it ALL OVER her face!:

Makenna only got slightly messy (compared to Avery!):

Some fun tidbits:
  • The girls often wake up from naps and stand in their cribs facing each other and just "talk" and laugh at each other. Sometimes they really crack each other up!
  • When they're playing on the floor, they like to crawl over each other a lot and, whoever's on the bottom, really gets ticked off! Especially Makenna. Avery will crawl over to Makenna if she's sitting and pull on her clothes 'til she makes her lie down, then will "body slam" her--she actually kind of bounces up and down on her! Makenna gets SO MAD, ha ha! I usually have to move Avery to the other side of the room because she will keep trying to so the same thing.
  • I ordered the blessing/sealing dresses and received them last week. They fit perfectly! The sealing is this Sat. and the blessing is Sun. I can't wait!!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: