It's been over 2 weeks since I last posted--we've been getting ready for our move! My dad told me last night, though, that they needed a new post (even though they were just here last week, ha ha). They drove out to Utah to be with Nikki again; she had to have yet another surgery (3rd since May). So they decided to stop by here on their way home again. They got here last Wed. afternoon and left early Friday morning. The girls loved having them here, as did I--it's always great to have some help! :) My dad got the biggest kick out of Makenna's fake cough (which she does to get attention); she noticed that he would always laugh at it and she did it SO MUCH while they were here, ha ha!
This is my new way of bathing them (instead of using a baby bathtub that fits over the kitchen sink--they started splashing way too much and getting water all over the kitchen, so I decided to try this; I got the idea from a movie commercial of all things); 8/1/11:
They seemed to like it and I'm able to bath both of them at the same time. Two problems, though--it hurts my back and knees to kneel over the bathtub and Avery isn't heavy enough to keep the Bumbo firmly down on the bathtub floor (those Bumbos are a little buoyant). But it works well enough and that's what we'll probably do until they can fully sit up well enough to bath without them.
Pics from my parents' visit:
Jared's aunt, Cindy, and her husband just moved here (into our ward, actually!) from Louisiana. Jim works at the same co. as Jared; they moved to La. the same time we moved here, and now they moved here for Jim to take over as the manager here. Weird how things work out, huh? It was nice having them to hang out with for a bit before we move. We've had them over a few times so they could help us use up some of the food from our freezer. :)
This past Sat. (8/6), we went out to lunch at a pizza buffet here in town with one of Jared's employees and her family. They took lots of pictures of the girls and got some pretty good ones.
{Cool chick Avery}:
Makenna started this rocking thing, where she rocks back and forth while she's sitting in someone's lap, or lying on her belling on the floor, or standing in the bouncer. It's pretty cute. Avery started doing the "army crawl" last week--she is one determined little girl and will try her darnedest to get something she wants. They both can sit up alone for short bursts. Avery can jet around the house pretty good in the walker now! Her favorite thing is chasing after Cleo (our little dog). She can turn around in the walker and everything now! Makenna feels so heavy now! I think she's only about a lb. heavier than Avery but it feels like a lot more to me! There's a definite difference.
My MIL, JaNene, is flying down here on Friday to drive up to Utah with me and the girls. We'll leave Sat. night, stay the night in Page, AZ and drive the rest of the way on Sunday. I'll stay at Kiki's house with the girls all next week while I look for a house in that area. Jared will drive up the next weekend with a small load of stuff; we are doing the adoption finalization on the 22nd (I'm so excited!!!). He will then come back to AZ the next day and work for a week or two while he finishes packing the house, then he will move it all up to UT.
I'm hoping to find a house REALLY soon next week so I can move in with the girls while Jared comes back to AZ. It's hard finding a house that will allow all three of our pets. Please pray for us! I really want to find something ASAP!
I'd better get back to packing. I've done this post in several short sessions since last night. It's hard to get much of anything done with the girls, so I have to rush and do things while they're both actually asleep at the same time. My visiting teacher is coming over today to watch them so I can concentrate fully on packing for a couple of hours. If I need her to, she will come over again tomorrow. I'm so thankful for the church and good people who are willing to help!


0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment