Wednesday, April 29, 2009

AI Top 7

I just realized I never posted my comments from last week here.  This is what I posted on Facebook last Tues. night:

Disco night--always a scary thought but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Most of them, I thought, put their own spin on it.

1. Lil [I'm Every Woman by Chaka Khan]--Not updated or original and not the best vocals. It was too much like the original but she paled in comparison to Chaka Khan so it was a flop for me.

2. Kris [She Works Hard for the Money by Donna Summer]--GREAT arrangement! He really made it his own in a style that is so....him. Glad he was back on the guitar; his vocals were really good.

3. Danny [September by Earth, Wind & Fire]--Good song choice for him (for having to pick from disco). I thought he gave it a touch of his gospel flare and contained his usual high energy. Great vocals and riffs.

4. Allison [Hot Stuff by Donna Summer]--I really liked the slow beginning and her vocals were awesome. She made it current and I liked the arrangement.

5. Adam [If I Can't Have You by the Bee Gees]--Great version, so original. LOVED the beginning but didn't totally love the middle-end--too much screaming/screeching for the soft feeling of the rest of the song--but I liked it overall. And I respect how he gave Michael Orland props for helping him come up with the arrangement.

6. Matt [Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees]--I wouldn't have picked that song but I liked the little bit of R&B feel he brought to it with all his riffs. I thought his vocals were pretty good and I found it to be very entertaining--I liked the dancing/movement around the stage.

7. Anoop [Dim All the Lights by Donna Summer]--I didn't really know that song and didn't like it or the cheesy band arrangement. I didn't mined the vocal arrangement, though, and I thought he sounded great (if you could separate him from the band). It was just a flat performance for me, though.

My top three: Kris, Danny, Adam
My bottom three: Lil, Anoop, ??

I'll be shocked if Lil doesn't go home and I think Anoop will probably go but, who knows, it could be Matt.

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: