Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Post-Utah

So I got home from Utah Friday night (9/5). Our electricity had come on Thursday afternoon so I got home to a nice, air-conditioned house with all the modern conveniences, except internet (which came on the next Monday night). Unfortunately, Jared had given away or thrown out our freezer food so we didn't have much "real" food in the house and electricity was still out through most of Baton Rouge and around our town so it wasn't worth braving Wal-Mart. Then, we heard about Ike maybe coming our way so we put of major grocery shopping even longer. I don't know how many times we've eaten canned soup the past week & 1/2!

The day after I got home, I enjoyed my day by watching college football. The only let-down was that the LSU game had been post-poned due to all the damage and power outages around Baton Rouge and damage to Tiger Stadium. Church was cancelled on Sunday because there was still not power at our building yet.

Monday night, Jared's sister, Michelle and her family came to visit us. I had dinner ready for them when they got there. Tuesday, we went and ate at Waffle House (the girls really wanted to eat there), then we drove to Ponchatoula to go to the alligator farm but it was closed due to damage from the hurricane so we took them on a swamp walk, instead. Here are a few pics:


After eating dinner that night, I played dress-up with the girls (they tried on my clothes, ha ha!)--they had a blast!:And Jared had fun playing with the baby:

On Wednesday, we just hung out most of the day, then Jared took them all to Bass Pro Shop and to Wal-Mart--I stayed home because my back wasn't feeling up to all that walking around and standing. We had pizza for dinner, then I scrapbooked with the girls; we made a few pages of pictures they had taken on their trip so far. They left at 3:30 the next morning and we really miss them! It was so fun having them here!

Other than that, the only thing I've done (besides physical therapy and teach piano lessons) is go to my brother's house to watch the LSU game. We smashed N. Texas 41-3. My nieces were extra cute in their LSU cheerleader outfits:


Not too much on the agenda for the rest of the week, besides physical therapy and piano lessons. I'll be at my parents' house watching the LSU game Saturday night and I will stay the night there because I was asked to play a special musical # in their ward on Sunday. TTFN!

3 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

amiee said...

love the pics and also the videos of carma. funny! that sucks about the canned soup. i hate canned soup! blech! are mcdonald's open? LOL cuz that's where i'd be, baby!

Kikibug said...

I am so glad everything went better than expected. I hope things are back to normal soon.
The girls are so cute and growing up so fast. The boys, are you kidding me that they are that big already! How cute are they?

Booshwick said...

Nice Pics- too cute!!