Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Temple Activity, LSU baseball, Mother's Day

We had a Primary activity Sat. morning at the temple. We walked around the temple and had a few short lessons on "my body is a temple". The kids were dressed in Sunday clothes; most of the girls wore white dresses and most of the boys were in white shirts and ties. They looked so good! Here a snapshot I got of the temple:

Jared had to leave for work while I was at the temple and, when I went home to get changed out of my dress to go to a baseball game, this is what I found on the fridge (it was filled with $):
SOOOOO SWEET, HUH?!

I went to the LSU baseball game with my parents, brother, SIL, and niece. We play Mississippi State and it was the last game in Alex Box Stadium--a HUGE new baseball stadium is being built and will be ready for next season. Here are some pics from the game:

Belle (who was such a trooper in the hot, sunny, humid weather):

Mom & Dad:

Belle cheering "Geaux Tigers!" (notice the adorable outfit I gave her for her bday):

One of the four homeruns of the game--this one was a three run shot by Ryan Schimpf in the bottom of the 8th:

LSU won 16-4. They beat them Fri. night 15-6 and Sunday 9-6. That put them at 12 wins in a row. They've moved up to #16 in both the Baseball America and Collegiate Baseball rankings, and to #21 in the USA Today/ESPN Top 25, and have a good chance of going to the College World Series. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Jared woke me up Sunday morning and dragged me to the kitchen table to eat this breakfast he made for me (cheese omelot, toast & jam, sausage links, pancakes and yogurt). How sweet is that?!

Jared had to go to work after church on Sunday but I went to my brother's house, where we had a BBQ with my family and my SIL's family. Here's my mom's reaction to one of the gifts I gave her (I also gave her a LO I made of her as a baby with her dad holding her):

We had SO MUCH FOOD on Sunday! Ben BBQ'd pork, sausage, and chicken and we had green salad, potato salad, baked beans, artichoke casserole, asparagus, pasta, ambrosia, and garlic French bread. It was all so yummy and I made myself sick eating so much of it!

Ben's graduation from LSU (in environmental engineering) is this Friday; his "surprise" party is Sat. night. The STINKER found out about it when he heard his wife and MIL talk about it last week. It figures he would find out about it and ruin the surprise. Annoyed And Disappointed Darn It will still be loads of fun, though. Teethy

3 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

Renee Lamb said...

wow!! looked like a jammed pack weekend of fun! Glad LSU won and the game looked like a blast! so glad your Mother's day was good and how sweet of your hubby to make you breakfast! Awwww! renee lamb

amiee said...

omg sooooo cute all those things jared did for you!!! that is great! ok, that pic of your mom in those crazy sunglasses is too funny! i haven't seen your parents in ages!!!

Kikibug said...

YUMMY! Everything looks awesome. I want some southern bbq. You are lucky that you get to have it often.

Jared is always so thoughtful with gifts and holidays. SO CUTE! That was so sweet.

I didn't know mom cut her hair. It looks good.