I had LSU football withdrawals on Saturday because they didn't have a game this weekend. I kept myself busy getting our costumes ready for a Halloween party that night, though. We skipped our ward trunk-or-treat to go to an adult-only party at the Emerson's house.
Jared dressed up as an attack dog trainer (the badge on his shirt says "Critt's Attack Dog School" and we actually pinned the dog to his shirt sleeve for the party so it looked like it was attacking him):
I used the Statue of Liberty costume I made a few years ago (found it in the move) and decided I'd use it again since I'm in a whole new state. :)
My parents were Shrek and Fiona:

I used the Statue of Liberty costume I made a few years ago (found it in the move) and decided I'd use it again since I'm in a whole new state. :)
My parents were Shrek and Fiona:
My parents won 1st prize and I won 3rd for best costume. The party was fun. There was lots of great food and company--mostly people from the Hammond ward (Emersons, Bourgeois, Fletchers, Littells, Sis. Bounds, R. Calmes, Garbers, Rendines).
We played a story-making game where everyone says a sentence or two then the next person has to take it from there; it was pretty funny. I didn't like being put on the spot but it turned out funny. Jared said something about a pink hand grabbing a guy, then I added that the hand wasn't attached to a body, then somehow the pink hand ended belonging to Uniqua (from the Backyardigans). It was hilarious. We also played a written version of that game; we got to see the last person's part and had to write a couple of sentences based just on that. It ended up with Pooh Bear (my mom's doing) being stuck in Rabbit's hole and being scared by a heffalump (I ended it). Needless to say, it turned out to be a very weird story but very amusing! We also played Taboo and tried to guess how many M&Ms were in a jar--my dad won! It was such a fun party!
5 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
oh your parents are soooo cute!
awesome costumes all around! congrats on the wins!
that is so great that you even dress up, the last time i did was at work and that was because they made us do it!! love your costumes.
Dana you look so cute. Jared is a nut as ususal.
Dana the anonymous was me Carrie Ricks
Love all the costumes! Looks like fun!
Post a Comment