Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ben's 30!!!

My brother, Ben, turned 30 on Sunday. Here he is with the present I got him (a wooden football carved with the LSU 2003 Nat'l Championship date and score on one side and the 2003 schedule and scores on the other side):We had a "surprise" party for him at his in-laws house. We had BBQ'd steaks, deer sausage, artichoke casserole, salad, baked beans, potato salad, and rolls. Here's Belle eating her yummy meal after waking up from her nap:

And, of course we had cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to him--Belle really enjoyed singing to her daddy--SO CUTE!!!!:
The cake was seriously my favorite birthday cake ever! It was 2 layers of chocolate cake with almond flavoring, with a thick layer of chocolate mousse in between. YUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! :)

And here are my parents (Maw-maw and Paw-paw to Belle, Judson, and Carma):

My dad is laughing because he was just making "bunny ears" behind my mom's head--what he does in every picture I try to take of him with someone else. He thinks it's hilarious--probably mostly because I get aggravated. ha ha!

It was a fun get-together, even though Jared wasn't able to go because he had to go into work. I think Ben had a great birthday. We finished the night by playing Apples to Apples. Welcome to the 30's club, Ben! Ha ha ha!

2 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

amiee said...

Wow Ben looks so good! And I can't believe how much Belle looks like a clone of Becky! Goodness she is so cute! where did y'all buy that cake? It sounds delicious!!!

Anna said...

I came across your page with the LDS webring. I have to say that the little girl Belle has gotten some of the prettiest eyes I've seen. Wow.