I went to Baton Rouge to find an LSU valance for my scraproom yesterday. I got stuck in a little bit of traffic on the way there but then it took me 2 hours to get the 22 miles home! I couldn't believe it! I had even taken a backroad, thinking I could miss the horrendous traffic on the interstate but it was even worse! Makes me never want to go to B.R. again anywhere near rush hour.
Since I didn't find the LSU valance I wanted, and I'm not about to drive all over Baton Rouge looking for it, I made one. It looks pretty simple but it took me a while to do because (1) it has a lot of lines on it, so everything had to match up perfectly, (2) it has a purple lining on the back, so the light doesn't shine through it, and (3) DH helped me design it so that the rod and the wall mounts don't show. Because the pattern is so busy, I didn't want to do something with pleats or ruffles. Anyway, here it is:

I can't wait to get the rest of the room decorated, but I still need to get more LSU stuff. Hee hee! Of course, I'll share pics as I do more to the room. Ta ta for now!
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Traffic in Baton Rouge/LSU valance
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
dana-you are too talented. you need to come live by me so i can steal some of your creative mind!!
That is so cute. Good job! It looks great. I can't wait to see it when it is done!
Love the valance, I can't wait to see your room done too! :)
Post a Comment