Tuesday, April 11, 2006

~Challenge--Easter~

The challenge today is to share my thoughts on Easter. As a faithful follower of Christ, Easter is very special to me. I can honestly say that I am always grateful for my Savior, and think about him every day throughout the year, but this time of the year gives me some added focus. I try to focus not only on His ressurrection, but also on His life--the wonderful example He showed us of unparalleled compassion and service, the miracles, the teachings, and the unfailing and unconditional love.

As far as celebrating the special day, DH and I go to church, of course--at which I sing in the choir. This Sunday, I also have the privilege of teaching an Easter lesson to the children. After church, we usually have family over for a turkey dinner (always my sister and her family) and sometimes others, as well. This year, we will have my sister and her family, my other sister and my brother (both now live in our basement apt.), my MIL, BIL, and SIL (DH's yongest two siblings). We might have a small egg hunt for my nephew, who is five. My niece is only 1 year and doesn't yet walk, so I don't think she will do much in the way of an egg hunt and my BIL is almost 13, so he is getting a little too old but I bet he will join in and have a little fun w/ my nephew. It should be a fun, special day, which I am so anticipating. I still need to buy the turkey and all the fixin's, though!

3 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

Sandra Collins said...

What a wonderful post. i am a new Christian and am so blessed that Jesus died for me. I strive every day to live as Christ lived.

Bonita Rose said...

enjoy this most special holiday!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you'll have a beautiful Easter!