Monday, August 29, 2016

1st Half of August

8/2: One of my piano students is moving and she brought over a sweet surprise for me. The girls and I had a few of the treats as soon as they left. :) They were so yummy. I'm really gonna miss teaching Abby!! :'( She's the sweetest!




8/3: The twins have been into playing Wii games lately, especially Super Mario Karts and Just Dance. They are playing Mario Karts right now and I just heard Avery say, "I want to hug you but I can't see you!" :)


I just signed the girls up for their kindergarten assessments! :O

8/4: Watching Kiki's kids today. Enjoying some wheat bread that just came out of the bread machine. Yum!



8/5: All four of us went grocery shopping, then out to eat (Sean's Smokehouse BBQ). The girls couldn't wait to get home and watch part of the Olympics opening ceremony. We only watched a bit of it before they went to bed and we had to promise that we wouldn't watch any more of it without them. :) We are so excited to watch the competitions!

8/6: Brown Family Reunion in Hoytsville--Lunch, catching up with relatives, games for the kids, petting the calves, a trailer ride from Grandpa, seeing the kittens at Grandma's








 Trailer ride:



The didn't last 5 min. when we left Hoytsville!


Some hard work after the reunion; my MIL, SIL, and I loaded a whole truck-full (plus some) of wood from our property while Jared cut wood and the girls played with cousins:
Meet Oreo. We'll get to bring this cutie home at the end of the monthe! :D :D :D
We stopped by Grandma's house after loading wood to see the kittens. The girls asked to see them all day!




8/7: WOOOOOOOOOOO! That 4 X 100m relay was amazing! :D

8/8: The girls made the Olympic torch out of hair bows. :) They are loving the Olympics and yell "Olympic rings!" every time they spot them.  :D

8/9: The girls' last day of summer dance. The parents are allowed to sit in class on the last day to see what they have been working on. Their summer teacher is amazing. I wish they could have her all the time but she does different classes during the school year.







8/11--WOW! Another great night of Olympic action! I teared up (happy tears) for Simone Manuel, Simone Biles, and Alyssa Raisman. Simone Manuel was so cute when she looked and saw that she had won gold. And Aly when she finished her floor routine. And Simone Biles' parents, aw! And what can you say about Michael Phelps? Super human! πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ˜†

8/12--Had fun at the Summit County Fair Rodeo tonight. The girls' favorite part was the fireworks and the rodeo clown.







8/13--Fun day at the Summit County Fair parade and fair!


Jared's friend's hog
 

Riding one of the rides with Jared and Avery (they're behind me):

 Me & the girls on the Tilt-A-Whirl:



North Summit Fire Department Children's Water-fight and Watermelon--Makenna went down the slide over and over again!


Avery won a raffle for a bag of treats and prizes!
8/13--My parents' neighborhood, photos taken by my dad while he and my brother checked out the subdivision from a boat. Some people were still recovering from the last flood! :( Thankfully, my parents' house is built up a little more than others and hasn't flooded. Prayers for my family and friends back home!!!




Video of flooding in the town Jared and I lived in

Video of flooding in the town I grew up in

8/15--Ack! This was my stake center growing up and where Jared and I went to church when we lived in Watson. The building is in Denham Springs.

Another video of flooding

I am so sad for my home state.  The amount of area that flooded is astonishing.  I have so many friends who lost everything except for the frame of their home.  Some friends had to be rescued by boat, some slept overnight in their car on an overpass, and others had to relocate their kids to be able have a place to live with family while their homes are being repaired.  My brother still owns the house his ex-wife and daughters were living in and now he and my dad are gutting it and will fix it up to try to sell it.  A lot of money lost.  The good news is his ex and daughters had just moved out a week prior to the flooding, so they had moved most of their belongs out.  It's gonna be a long while before things are back to normal down there.  I'm very thankful that everyone I know is safe, though!!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: