Sunday, April 19, 2015

We're home!

We were gone from our house almost exactly three weeks, just an hour and 1/2 short.  The trip was so much fun but it is good to be home!

4/12: We went to Hammond Ward that morning.  The twins were the only little kids in sacrament meeting!  It was SO QUIET!  They were really good, though, even though we didn't bring the church bag with all of the things we usually use to keep them entertained.  We went back to my parents' house to finish packing and eat lunch and we left around 1pm.

FB post that day: Bye, Louisiana! We had a great time! Just entering MS. Watching the LSU game on my phone. Geaux Tigers!

4/13: We spent last night (and went swimming in the hotel as soon as we got there at 9pm) in Russellville, AR so went to see the scenery for a bit at Lake Dardanelle State Park before continuing west:

We walked out on the pier for a bit and the girls enjoyed picking flowers and finding shells.  We also went in the visitor center, where they had some aquariums and interactive displays about the area.  The girls really loved touching and holding (only Avery) a couple of turtles:



From there, we drove the rest of the day (over 8 hours) to Hays, KS and stayed the night there.

4/14: We drove a few hours to Denver and went to the corporate office in Westminster, where I got to meet several of Jared's co-workers and see his boss and his former boss, Dave.  Dave's wife, Darlene, met us there at the office; Dave and Darlene went out to lunch with us at Five Guys Burgers.  We left from there around 3pm and drove straight home.  We stopped at a rest area just before Vail, CO played in the snow for a driving break.  Little did we know we were driving home to winter weather!




FB post, 10:30pm: Just 2 1/2 hours 'til I get to sleep in my own bed! The girls and I can't wait to pick up our kitty tomorrow! We miss Whiskers!
It was snowing AND windy as we drive through Price Canyon after midnight.  It was 1:30am when we pulled into our driveway.

Jared had asked the twins sometime that afternoon what their favorite part of the trip was and Makenna said, "Seeing Maw-maw and Paw-paw!" Aaaw!

4/15: Even though we had only been home for a few hours, we got up and cleaned out the van (there was so much stuff in there!), brought the van back to Enterprise (as it was snowing), and went to Kiki's and picked up Whiskers.  After eating lunch and watching the girls and Jared play in the snow, I begrudgingly went and bought some groceries.  Needless to say, we vegged the rest of the day!
The snow came down pretty hard most of the day!  Jared built a huge snowman--I had to help him get the middle part on, it was so big and heavy. :P  The girls also jumped on the snow trampoline for a few minutes and made snow angels.  The snow all melted the very next day.







4/15: Aaaaaah, feels good to be at home, cuddling with my furbaby again.

4/17: I spent the previous day vegging because I had a migraine all day.  I also didn't do very much this day because I had "migraine hangover" but I did feel well enough that evening to go to an art exhibition at UVU where one of Kiki's art projects (a painting) was on display.  Her painting is amazing!  I LOVE IT!

Kiki, three of her friends, and our friend, Amiee, came over to hang out after the art show.  Kiki's friends left at 2am, Amiee left at 3am, and Kiki stayed the night but we stayed up talking until after 4am!  It was so much fun, though!

4/18: I took the girls with me to go get a new phone and also ended up getting a new tablet (coudln't pass up a $130 tablet with a $100 rebate!).  I got the Samsung Galaxy S6 as my phone and I love it so far.  Needless to say, I spent most of the rest of the day, after grocery shopping with the girls, setting up my new phone and most of the day after church today setting up the tablet. :)  I should have been in bed over an hour ago because I am exhausted and have a LOT to do tomorrow before piano lessons!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: