Sunday, March 22, 2015

Easter Portraits!!! And other fun stuff. :)

3/9: I was upstairs cleaning while the girls were downstairs playing when Makenna came running upstairs and said, "Avery has a problem!"  I went downstairs to see this and Avery was stuck under my desk, ha ha!


3/11: We did craft time (those foam/paper plate lions) while our electricity was out for a while. It came back on just as I was getting their Paint with Water books out, so craft time continued.








3/13: We (the girls and I) had such a long, but fun, day! We left the house at 11:30 to go to the aquarium and were there until 4:30, then we went straight to the Museum of Natural Curiosity until it closed at 8:00! We had a lot of fun but my back HURTS and I am exhausted! It was all worth it when we got in the car to come home and Makenna said, "This was a really fun day!" :D



3/14: So Makenna just asked me, "Remember when I swallowed that bead yesterday?" NO, I don't remember that! I let the girls play with a container of perler beads and other random plastic beads yesterday; there are beads everywhere now, of course, and, apparently, Makenna swallowed one without telling me. KIDS! :P

3/14: I get to watch the LSU baseball game in peace, since the girls both fell asleep on the couching while watching "The Incredibles". grin emoticon GEAUX TIGERS!!!

3/18: Easter Portraits!!
They loved the bunnies and chicks! And I adore so many of the photos--I had a hard time not posting every single one of these (yes, what I've posted is whittled down!). A couple of the girls that work there came in while I was waiting for the DVD and said, "I saw your pictures and they are so great! Your girls are so cute!" They even asked me if they could use the photos on their FB page and Instagram. Now I need to pick one to use as my yearly traditional canvas portrait. Ack!


































The dresses below were the dresses that I originally bought for the portraits but, the more I thought about it, I decided they weren't quite "Eastery" enough for me, Avery's was just a little too big (I bought that one in the same size for both of them), and I wanted something with a little more color on the top, since I always choose my favorite Easter portrait of them and make a canvas print of it and add it to the group of all of the other yearly canvases.  After doing all of the other portraits, we only had a few minutes to do these and Avery was DONE, so these were the best we got of them in these dresses:


3/18: Avery has done some funny stuff the past couple of days. Well, a couple of them were not funny to her. The girls and I were on the front porch, where they were coloring with sidewalk chalk and Avery went in to use the potty. On her way back out, Makenna (unbeknownst to me) rang the doorbell (probably right as Avery was walking down the hall, which is where the doorbell speaker is--and we have one of those loud, obnoxious ones that plays various songs). All I heard was Avery FREAKING OUT and screaming, "Mommyyyy!!!!". When I finally opened the door, the poor thing was clamoring to get in my arms and she was shaking, she was so terrified. Poor thing. I didn't think it was funny at the time but I can giggle about it now. That Makenna! I don't think she intended to scare the crap out of Avery, though.

The very next day (yesterday), we were getting out of the car when Avery started flipping out again, just screaming and screaming while looking at something on the car floor. I was searching for something that could be that terrifying and picked up the only thing she was looking at--a lens that had popped out from a pair of sunglasses. I asked her what she thought it was and she said, "A horrible monster!" HA HA!

Also yesterday, we were watching Sesame Street and Zac Efron was on and I said, "Aw, he's so cute." Avery surprised me when she said, "Yeah, it makes me want to marry him!" Jared won't be pleased to hear this one, ha ha!!!
The girls had a great time at Aunt Kiki's last night while I went to Bunco. They both fell asleep in the car on the way home, of course, but were awake enough when I carried them to bed to refuse to sleep in just their shirts and panties--I tried to just take off their shoes and jeans but Avery insisted on pajamas and Makenna insisted on wearing shorts. Kids are funny.

3/18: Jared got home that evening.

3/20: Beautiful evening for some family time at the park!









The next couple of days are gonna be so busy!  Tomorrow=the twins' dentist appt. and my piano lessons.  Tuesday=dance class, piano lessons, and a Relief Society activity.  In between all of that, we need to pack and get ready for our trip and clean the house (somewhat, so we don't come back to a mess).  We are leaving at 2 or 3am Wed. morning!  So excited but feeling anxious!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: