10/13: Look where Jared is tonight! He didn't even know his company was
taking him to the game until his meeting today in St. Louis. So happy
for him, he deserves it. Go, 49ers!
10/14: Jared enjoying his evening in St. Louis after business meetings:
10/15: Poor Whiskers, Makenna loves him so much, ha ha! And he is such a good sport! He doesn't protest at all!
10/16: Makenna has been at it again with sweet little Whiskers. First, she put her on a pillow and covered her, then she put a tutu on her.
10/17: I am so sad and pissed off! If any of my neighbors saw anything or know anything about this, please let me know!
10/18: The girls and I had a great day/night yesterday with Kiki and her two youngest kids. The kids played outside for a while and had a tea party, after which the girls were so tired they went right down for a nap, even with their cousins still here; then, we watched "Annie", played some Wii games (mostly Just Dance), and watched "Hotel Transylvania" before putting all the kids to bed at 10:00! Carma was so cute reading books to the twins before bed. Kiki and I stayed up really late and watched a movie and chatted. The twins slept until 8:30 and were really sad to find that Kiki had left before they woke up because she hadn't brought her allergy medicine and was miserable. Avery and Makenna already want them to come back over. Also, I already had to play Just Dance with them again today. I'm so tired!
A sweet neighbor patched up the mailbox so that it will hopefully remain standing until we install a new one. He also fixed the door on it as best as could--it was really dented and messed up.
So here's how today went down: Got ready for church and got in the car at 20 til (we always go that early to make sure we get a bench). The car wouldn't start!! Again! This is the 3rd time in a month that I had to hook the car up to our charger. The other two times, we missed dance--it only happens when I have to be somewhere on time, never when I'm just going shopping or something. The first two times, I thought it was because the girls left one of the doors open, then they left the dome light on. This time, I saw no reason for the battery to go dead so now I'm wondering if there is actually something wrong with the battery. Anywho, I hooked up the charger and waited 10 min., then decided we'd better just go ahead and walk to church so we wouldn't be late. We only made it to the corner when Makenna trips and skins her knee and rips a huge whole in the pink tights she was wearing for the first time--oh, and she is bawling, of course. I asked her if she just wanted to go home so I could patch up her knee and we would go to church late but she wanted to just go (she mainly wanted to see the horse at the entrance of our subdivision, ha ha). We got to church right on time and even got a bench (miracle!). Right when we sat down, Avery started crying that the back of her ankle hurt--she got a blister from walking. I had bought what I thought were two identical pairs of pink tights but one was actually a pair of leggings (no feet), so she was wearing her dress shoes with no sock or stocking feet. Poor thing! When I decided to just go ahead and let her wear them, I had no idea we'd be walking that far. Thankfully, I had a band-aid in my church bag and that got her to stop crying. As soon as the first sacrament prayer started, Avery started whining that she had to go pee, so I had to take them both out while they were passing the bread (so embarrassing to have to walk out at that time!) and I missed taking the sacrament (kind of defeated the purpose of trying so hard to get there on time!). I then had to take Makenna out again to go poop right before the closing hymn--plus, their teacher brought them to me while I was in nursery to take them to the bathroom. Thankfully, someone offered to give us a ride home, so we didn't have to walk and Avery didn't make her blister worse or have to walk barefoot. Whew! I was so exhausted when I got home! The saving grace of today is that the nursery kids were all pretty good today. Tender mercies, ha ha!!



















0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
Post a Comment