Monday, August 25, 2014

Visit from Maw-maw & Paw-paw & Kiki's 40th Fiesta!

8/18: I'll have to post the awesome video I got of this but, for now, here is a photo of what the girls did when they were supposed to be napping:

Every single pillow, blanket, stuffed animal, toy, book, etc., they could get their hands on was piled into Avery's bed!  The video is pretty funny, as I caught Makenna in the act and she knew she was in trouble! :)

8/19: I walked into the room just in time to see Avery give Makenna a hug and say, "I love you, Kenna!" Makenna replied, "I love you, too!" It is sweet moments like this that keep them alive nowadays, ha ha!

My parents drove from Louisiana to be here for Kiki's 40th fiesta and they stayed with us.  They got here Tues. night, 8/19 and I kept the girls up late to see them.  Jared got home from a trip the next afternoon. Here are some of the things we did the rest of the visit:

8/20: A picnic in Canyon Glen Park in Provo Canyon:
A short walk on the trail after eating our lunch in the park
 
Provo River
Throwing rocks in the river
Then, some wading
 
 
 
 
Sitting in the river--right before we left, of course!
 

8/21: a visit to The Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point and a steak dinner at Kiki's house (and Mom and I stayed up until 1:30am cooking for Kiki's birthday party):
They did not like the wind machine!
But they loved playing in the water!
 
 
 
And they like playing
 
We all walked the several rope bridges
 
Makenna likes the rope bridges so much she got way ahead of us and we had to yell at her to come back and wait for us--she was two bridges ahead of us at one point!
Avery did like the bridges as much
Checking out insects
 
 Dinner at Kiki's:
Drawing with chalk on Kiki's porch while waiting for the steak to cook
Poor Makenna went to wash her hands right before dinner and turned the water on really hot. She was fine just a short while later but she milked it for a little while.

8/22: Kiki's 40th fiesta at my house--spent all day preparing for it.  We had tacos (hard and soft), Mexican rice, homemade salsa, homemade horchata and limeade, guacamole, etc.
These are the photo booth props I made. We had planned on doing the party in our backyard but the weather ended up being pretty bad, so we had to do it inside. So the photo booth ended up not being what I had envisioned--the lighting would have been so much better outside at dusk! It was still fun, though.
The foyer entrance to the front room with the banner and some of the rosettes I made.
The wall in the foyer, where we hung a blanket from Mexico.
The foyer entrance to the living room, with the Feliz Cumpleanos banner and tissue paper flowers I made.
I made this sign but wasn't able to keep it hanging on the front door because of the wind and rain.
The other side of the foyer entrance to the living room.
Balloon piñatas hanging from the banister (there was candy in each of the balloons) and some of the many tissue paper flowers I made.
The piñata, a must-have for a fiesta!
The doors to the deck
The kitchen--lots of rosettes and tissue paper flowers I made but most of the printed decorations and the papel picado were purchased.
My piano in the dining area of the kitchen.
the entrance from the kitchen to the mudroom/laundry room.
The cake!
Michael and Kiki
I made the birthday girl wear a sombrero :)
I made horchata and limemade
We set up a couple of table in the living room so everyone could sit and eat
Juddy, who just turned 14 on 8/19!!!
Jared
Tim
Cousins--Wyatt, Carma, Avery, Makenna
Cousins--Wyatt, Carma, Avery, Makenna
Jamie's kids
 
Jamie and two of her kids and Kiki
Carma and Kiki
Jamie and her daughter
Jamie's son
Jamie and her family
Jamie and her hubby
 
 
Carma
Maw-maw
Paw-paw, Tim, Maw-maw
So many candles! :P
 
Wyatt enjoying the cake and ice cream
 PINATA TIME! Since we had to do it inside, we used the ribbons, instead of letting the kids hit it:
Avery
Makenna
Wy-wy
Jamie's son pulled the string that released the candy
Candy!!!
Avery was gleefully screaming, "Candyyyy!"  It was so funny!!
 
More candy from the balloon pinatas!
Jamie's hubby
Tim
We were sad that a couple of friends weren't able to make it at the last minute.  It was still really fun, though!

Sat., 8/23: I went to the temple with my parents to be there for my dad's sealing to his parents (and his parents to their parents, and his parents to each other); while I was getting the temple cards straightened out (the paper was printed wrong or something), they did the baptisms for my mom's youngest brother, who died Nov. 2012, and a couple of other ancestors.  That evening, I went with Kiki, Judson, Tim, and my parents to The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate my mom's birthday.

Sun., 8/24: After church, everyone came to our house for dinner (left-overs from the fiesta).

My parents left early this morning (8/25). It was a fun visit and the girls are sad that they are gone.  We had a dentist appt. to keep us busy after they left, though.

Today was the twins' 4th dental check-up and they still freak out. Jared had to get in the chair with each of them and hold them down just to let the dentist look in their mouths for a few seconds. Dr. Swenson is so patient, though. They cheered up when they got a prize from the treasure chest, though, and when we went to Slurp afterwards for an ice cream sandwich and brownie sundae! And they had fun dancing there, too. 
 
 
 




0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: