Sunday, July 20, 2014

Fun summer stuff!

7/14: Paint Nite with my besties (Kiki, Amiee, and Jamie) in SLC. I'm not completely thrilled with my painting but it was so much fun and I hope to do it again soon!


7/15: Yay! For the first time, both girls made it through an entire dance class! And it was the first time the ballet barre was used. Avery is kind of behind Makenna in this photo but they are both there. 
7/15: Jared took the twins to the bank and car wash with him earlier today. When they got in the car, Avery told him, "Turn on the ABC!" (A/C) Ha ha!

We finally set up the girls' kiddie pool on Tuesday. They've swum in it every day except today while I've relaxed in the hammock. We pick raspberries, strawberries, and cherry tomatoes from the garden for them to eat while in the pool. It hasn't been scorching hot this week, so the water has been a little cool but they don't care!
  


7/15:
 

Jared left on a trip on Wed. and will probably gone almost 3 weeks.  He flew to Baton Rouge and drove a truck to one of his operations in ND (I think).

7/18: I took the girls to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point, then we went to the dinosaur museum for just an hour before heading home. They had a blast, which is good, since I finally bought a family pass so we can go whenever we want
Petting a sheep--they love petting and seeing all the animals.
They were being naughty, ha ha! Havin' fun at Farm Country.

On the horse-drawn wagon ride:
 
 
Love that crooked mouth thing she does. So Avery!
 
 Their favorite part--PONY RIDE!!:
 
 On our way out of Farm Country:
 Dinosaur Museum:
Making "fossil" impressions (with seashells, plastic dinosaurs, etc.)
 
 
 
 
That evening, I made this video of the girls singing "Let It Go".  They are so cute!
7/19: Jiggle Fest at Thanksgiving Point! The girls had a great time at the Jell-O fight this morning. Makenna enjoyed throwing it at random people but Avery mostly just threw it at the ground. They were not interested in rinsing off in the sprinklers afterward, so I had to force them over to the hose, where a guy sprayed them off while they screamed and cried, ha ha.
They had fun running down the hill to get down to where the Jiggle Fest was but Makenna did biff it once, ha ha! Avery did not enjoy walking back up the hill afterward. :P
Excited for the Jell-O fight!
Makenna throwing Jell-O at some random little boy
Makenna got right in there and was grabbing Jell-O and throwing at whoever was withing throwing distance.

Makenna throwing Jell-O at the back of some unaware mom, ha ha!
Avery mostly just picked it up and threw it on the grass. She didn't do much throwing at other people.

Makenna throwing more Jell-O, not sure at what or whom
Makenna loved the Jell-O fight!

Makenna throwing yet more Jell-O at some random little boy
Avery tried throwing Jell-O at Makenna but she ran away too fast
They had zero interest in joining everyone in rinsing off in the sprinklers.
Today was a long day--Sundays are no day of rest!  Since Jared is out of town, I had to bring the girls with me to choir practice, then it's home to finish getting ready for church, then get to church early to get a bench seat, then nursery wears me out.  I got home and starting changing before I remembered that I was supposed to stay afterward to meet with the Bishop for my temple recommend interview, so I put my skirt back on, grabbed a snack for the girls, loaded the girls back in the car, and headed back to the church, where we had to wait for our turn.  The girls wouldn't stay out in the hall with the people who were out there, so they came in with me and got goldfish crackers all over Bishop's office.  Oops.  The girls were SO grumpy when we got home, and so was I!  Just a couple of hours of rest and dinner and we were walking around the neighborhood to our ward "walk-about", where everyone meets up at someone's house and has treat out in the yard.  I was asked last night to bring a treat so I was making choc. chip zucchini bread after the girls went to bed last night.  I'm sure I don't have to say that I'm exhausted!  It was a fun weekend with my girls, though.  Now I need to clean this pig sty of a house tomorrow before having house guests starting Tuesday!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: