Monday, January 13, 2014

Sunbeams in da house!

Fri., 1/3:  A trip to IKEA for some shelves (a late Christmas present for me) and some lunch. I think the girls tried out every bed they walked past. And they had fun riding on the cart.

One of my former YW (Jennifer Miller) from Louisiana stayed with us for a few days until I brought her to the MTC Wed. :)  She was supposed to fly in last Sat. night (1/4) but her flights were delayed so I had to miss church last Sunday to go pick her up.  The bummer is that I wasn't there for the twins' first Sunday in Primary!  The girls are officially Sunbeams now!  And I wasn't there to see it. :(  But I did snap some quick photos before they headed to church and I headed to the airport and Jared got some pics on his phone:
 On Tues., 1/7, I took Jennifer and Ashleigh (another former YW from La. who is attending BYU; I've mentioned her before because she has stayed a couple of weekends with us) to Temple Square, then we stopped and ate at Popeye's on the way home.

 
 
 
 We went and picked up Ashleigh and brought Jenny to the MTC--they literally only give you 2 min. now to get their luggage out of the car, take a couple of pictures and say goodbye!  So different than we we brought Kiki, Ben, and Tim to the MTC!  But I was so happy to be able to do that for her.  Jared had left for a trip that morning, so the girls went and played with our neighbor, Jason, while I was gone.
 

1/8:   I had a looooooong night with the twins, who kept waking up due to stuffy noses and coughing.  Thankfully, it still hasn't turned into anything more than slightly runny noses.  Yay!

1/9:  Twin convo:
M: You're trying to make me mad!
A: You're making me mad, too!!!
M: Avery, you're making me sad.

Is it bad that I find it amusing when they argue sometimes?  Only because it doesn't happen all that often. :)

We've been getting just a little bit of snow just about every day, so we have just stayed at home until church today.  We did go and grab some dinner last night at a nearby place last night (Sat.) but that's as much as we've left the house.  While we were driving, we passed a dead skunk on the road and I almost puked in the car; Makenna wasn't thrilled to smell it, either. It cracks me up that her sense of smell is as sensitive as mine.  Earlier yesterday, Avery yelled, "Look at my moves, Mommy!" She was shakin' it so very cutely, ha ha!

I was told that the girls did well in Primary again today and I should mention that they go to Primary without Blankie and Lovey!  There probably won't be much going on this week, since it is cold and Jared will be out of town until the end of the week.  We will hopefully be able to do some fun stuff next weekend, though!

1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:

nfaband said...

Those babies of yours sure are growing up fast and lovely as can be ... they truly sound like charmers.