Saturday, December 08, 2012

Christmas season is in full swing!

I got the Christmas decorations out on Dec. 1.  The girls had fun "helping" me and wearing some antlers and a Santa hat I pulled out of the bins:

 There were some plastic baby bottles with a Christmas tree my mom had decorated for their baby shower; Makenna got one and started feeding a little Christmas bear:
 On 12/3, we went as a family in the afternoon to pick out a Christmas tree at a local farm by our house.  They had fun smelling the trees and checking them out.  They almost had more fun picking up rocks and stuff, though, especially Avery:
 
 
 We decorated the tree that night:
Avery helped Daddy put the lights on the tree
Makenna was checking out a little book with pictures from their very first Christmas
 They both enjoyed helping us to put ornaments on the tree and did really well waiting their turn:
 
 
 
I need to get a picture of the finished product and post it.

We went today (12/7) to get Santa photos taken.  It wasn't what I hoped for but I did expect it:
I think it's pretty funny and think everyone should have one of these kinds of Santa photos from their childhood, ha ha!

For memory's sake, here's the one from last year:
I played a piano solo at our Relief Society Christmas dinner last night.  It went really well and the dinner was nice.  I thought I was gonna have to get the girls ready and take them to the nursery provided but Jared surprised us (SCARED the heck out of me!) and got home a day early, just as I was cleaning the girls up after dinner before getting them ready to go.  He came to the back door and just started shaking it, as if he was trying to open it.  The girls were in their high chairs, just a few feet from the door and I froze as I was wiping Avery's hands and thought about going to get the gun and calling 911.  I yelled, "Who is it?" and he started laughing.  Such a stinker!  It was nice to not have to get the girls ready and take them with me, since I was already feeling hectic and nervous about my solo.  It all turned out great, though.  Now to get through these next busy 2+ weeks!!!

0 thought(s) shared. Share yours!: