I got the results for the MRI on my neck on Monday. The dr. said I have a ruptured disk. There's not much that can be done for it--just keep doing physical therapy and see if that helps and take meds and use a TENS unit (electrodes) to help relieve the pain. Very frustrating, since I'm always in pain! He also ordered an MRI on my back and pelvis, which I did yesterday (took 2 hours!). It will be a couple of weeks before I get the results. In the meantime, he ordered another 4 weeks of therapy--oh joy; going there 3 times a week is getting really old! But I'll keep doing it if it helps me feel better in the least bit.
Not much going on besides that. Jared is in Houma today (south Louisiana)--lots of people from our stake went down there to help with the hurricane clean-up effort. I can't help, of course, because of my back and neck so I'm home until I go see Sherri Dew speak tonight in Baton Rouge. Then, I'm coming straight home to watch the LSU vs. Florida game. GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Oh and a huge congrats to LSU's Golden Band from Tigerland for winning ESPN's Battle of the Bands. Seven schools (Florida, Univ. of Texas, Auburn, Clemson, USC, Georgia, & LSU) each played their own version of the theme from Indiana Jones. You can see the video of each band here: http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contests/indianajones/index They announced this morning that the Tigerband won! The prize isa $25,000 donation from Paramount and Lucasfilm Ltd.--which they REALLY need since they are in the process of building a very badly needed new band building!! You should see how small and old the current one is--way too tiny for a 360+ member band. So congrats to Tigerband. I'm a very proud Tigerband alumnus! :)
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Quick update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 thought(s) shared. Share yours!:
So excited about the tiger band winning that. that is great. I know the room you are talking about and I can not believe they are still using that tiny room!!!So hurray for them!! I feel even better about voting now, but I am SO not surprised that they won it was such a HUGE difference between the bands.
Post a Comment